Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I say a thread yesterday about these guys. Just wondering if anyone out there has used them and do they deliver the workmanship and sound they say they do.http://www.vtxexhaust.com/vtx-c.php

·
Registered
73 Posts
They did the work on my VTX 1800c last year and I think this is better than the aftermarket exhaust I used before. Sound is great, looks are great and performance also great. If this is for the C model have them do the short version, looks a lot better than the longer stock version.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I have a 1800N, I am looking for that deep rumble and the sound bites on the site don't help. Maybe I'll wait until the homecoming to hear other bikes and hopefully make up my mind then. :chef2: :beer3:

·
Registered
1,940 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Those sound bites on the site sounded awful! I was curious if it was my computer speakers (fairly nice setup) or if it actually sounded that bad, so I went out and made a sound clip of my exhaust. Exact same conditions as they said on their site. 10 feet directly behind bike 4 feet in air, same RPM revs. Mine sounds 1,000 times better! I think their's sounds horrible, I'd never pay money for that.
Here's a clip of my bike with Double D Shotgun Exhaust:
http://webpages.charter.net/intheclouds ... xhaust.mp3

Not nearly like the real thing, but way better than what's on that webpage!

·
Registered
26 Posts
My recording equipment is a $400 digital camera. Not very top of the line. I just hear a lot of that raspy tinny deceleration noise (like the stock pipes) in their recording. Mine just thumps...none of that echo'y sound.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Chefkris, Dont wait till Homecoming just do it...or go to the Pa x-riders and ask the riders who participated in the Sharon run what they think, of the vtxexhaust...they heard mine and that was all she wrote!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man I really appeciate all the great feedback you guys are giving me, and I have narrowed it down to the vtxexhaust guys and the hardcrome K'2s. I'll let you all know and show pics of what I decide. Thanks. :chef2: :beer3:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts