Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seconds Before It Goes In, He Shocks Everyone

Thane Chiquinho Scarpa is a very rich man. When he threatened to bury his own Bentley, people just assumed that he was making an extravagant display of excess wealth, but he had something else in mind.

As one of the richest and best-connected men in Brazil, he knew he had a golden opportunity to support a vital cause — organ donation.

Of course, that’s not how the event was publicized — Scarpa announced that the reason he was going to bury his Bentley so he could drive around the afterlife in style. He was denounced by the media as a spendthrift, according to the Geekfill website.

People were asking, why not sell the thing? Or donate it? Or send it out in style? Heck, if worldly things carry over to the afterlife, why not build an entire pyramid? How in-his-own-world is he?

That’s how far he got.

Before he lowered it into its grave, Scarpa made his shock statement in favor of organ donation.

“People condemn me because I wanted to bury a million dollar Bentley, (but) in fact most people bury something a lot more valuable than my car,” he said. “They bury hearts, livers, lungs, eyes, kidneys. This is absurd. So many people waiting for a transplant and you will bury your healthy organs that will save so many lives.”

He made a great point. In order to maintain a workable bank of donors, citizens need to do their part. It is a chance for private citizens to help their fellow man.

Still … it would have been fun to watch him bury $1,000,000 worth of car.

http://conservativetribune.com/rich-tries-to-bury-his-bentley/

1 - 1 of 1 Posts