Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousin and I are planning our annual ride for this summer. One of the rides we are considering is to start at Duluth, MN and do al loop around Lake Superior. Has anyone done this ride? If so any tips, hints, etc.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've done it in 3 days, but it really needs a week or more..the canadian side is really nice & beautiful. You will see Ocean going freight ships at times.when on the canadian side..take a little trip into one of the lake towns and walk around town & the lake shore..the rocks are all smooth at the shore line from years of wave action..end of taking a pocket full home..lol. Going through Michigan was..well ..alot of woods lol...Everyone at one time in their life, should do this ride !! Good Luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did this a couple of years ago.
Don't pass up any pull offs on the North side - there is a lot to see but not many places to pull off. There is quite a bit of camp sites available as well as mom and pop hotels. A lot of them serve meals too. We took off from SE MN and did the trip in 5 days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys ---- we plan on taking 5 days to do this. How is the availability of gas, lodging, etc on Hwy 17? Do any of you remember what places you stayed at?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts