Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Southeast Michigan Polar Express Ride to Lunch at the Zukey Lake Tavern

Sunday December 13[SUP]th[/SUP], 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM.

This ride will be contingent upon weather and road conditions.

This will be a 50 mile, 1 hour 45 minute ride to lunch. Kickstands-up at 10:15 AM, arrival at the Zukey Lake Tavern at 12:00 PM.

Map With Ride Route

Click on the map to view the
Southeast Michigan Polar Express Ride from 18 Mile & Mound in Sterling Hts.,Michgan, to the Zukey Lake Tavern in Pinckney, Michian, in a larger, interactive map.

50 Miles, 1 Hour 45 Minutes

Timeline – Sunday December 13[SUP]th[/SUP]
. . .
  • 10:00 AM - Link-up at the BP gas station on the northeast corner of 18 Mile Rd and Mound Rd in Sterling Hts. Gas-up.

BP Gas Station
    5955 18 Mile Road
    Sterling Heights, Michigan 48313
    . . .
    . . .
  • 10:15 AM - Kickstands-up and ride.
    . . .
    . . .
  • 10:40 AM (Appx) - In-stride link-up with FeTT-X at the Mobil Gas Station at the northeast corner of Woodward Avenue and Long Lake Road in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

18 Mile / W. Long Lake west to Pontiac Trail.
    Pontiac Trail southwest to Milford.
    Milford south to Pontiac Trail.
    Pontiac Trail southwest and south to 9 Mile.
    9 Mile / M-36 west to the Zukey Lake Tavern
    . . .
    . . .
  • 12:00 PM (Appx) - Arrive at the Zukey Lake Tavern in Pinckney, Michigan, for lunch

Zukey Lake Tavern
    5011 Girard Dr
    Pinckney, Michigan 48169
    (810) 231-1441

If time permits, prior to heading into the tavern, we will gas-up at the Mobil gas station 2 blocks east of the Zukey Lake Tavern; the Mobil gas station is on the northwest corner of Chilson and M-36.

The Zukey Lake Tavern offers a large breakfast buffet that includes an omelette station for roughly $8.00.

This is a Real-Time, Continuously Updating Weather Radar!

I know the weather forecast, particularly temperature, road conditions, and the likelihood of crystalline sunshine, are particular concerns to riders who are considering joining the Southeast Michigan Polar Express Ride to Lunch at the Zukey Tavern in Pinckney, Michigan. So I posted this regularly updating weather radar for your convenience regarding one's potential ride participation.

Weather

• Clinton Twp. 10-Day Weather Forecast: ( link )
    . . .
  • Pinckney 10-Day Weather Forecast: ( link )
    . . .
  • Precipitation Weather Map, Previous 2 Hrs and Next 6 Hrs: ( link )
    . . .
  • Wind Chill Index Calculator: ( link )

Frequently Asked Questions
. . .
  • Will it be a somewhat brisk ride given that it will occur in mid-December?
    Yes, it will likely be a brisk ride.
    . . .
  • Given it'll likely be a brisk ride, will a participant rider likely be cold?
    If one doesn't dress appropriately, then, yes, a participant rider will likely be cold.
    . . .
  • But - when we're suffering from parked motorcycle syndrome and standing knee-deep in snow during Michigan's upcoming winter season, one'll likely be pining away for those days when one could be out riding on the roadways and byways. Just saying.

This Isn’t Our First Rodeo

• On September 13[SUP]th[/SUP], 2015, we had 15 participant riders
    . . .
  • On October 11[SUP]th[/SUP], 2015, we had 25 participant riders
    . . .
  • On November 8[SUP]th[/SUP], 2015, we had close to 30 participants riders

Click on the picture shown above to watch a brief, 6-minute video clip featuring the October 11[SUP]th[/SUP] Lunch and Ride.

Toys for Tots Donations

Please bring an unwrapped toy valued up to no more than $10.00 to be offered-up as a toy donation. We will collect-up those toy donations upon arrival at the Zukey Lake Tavern lunch and provide them to Toys for Tots!

One thing to remember about the Southeast Michigan Polar Express Ride to Lunch at the Zukey Lake Tavern in Pinckney, Michigan, it doesn't matter where you're going. What matters... is deciding... to join the ride!

Let Us Know If You Plan to Join This Ride!

If anyone would like to join this Sunday December 13[SUP]th[/SUP] ride anywhere along this Southeast Michagan Polar Express Ride route to lunch at the Zukey Lake Tavern in Pinckney, Michigan, of course, that's if the weather and road conditions permit, please post-up in this discussion thread to let us know that you plan to attend this ride. That way, we’ll know how many participant riders plan to be a that Sunday December 13[SUP]th[/SUP] 10:00 AM ride link-up at the BP Gas Station located on the northeast corner of Mound Road and 18 Mile Road in Sterling Heights, Michigan.

And if you live a little far away from that Sterling Heights, Michigan, link-up location, and would rather link-up with this ride somewhere along the ride route,
post-up in this discussion thread and let us know that, too. We'll try to work out a subsequent, in-stride link-up time and place somewhere along the ride route.

Sponsored by the

Great Lakes Road Riders

No Mandatory Fees, No Mandatory Dues, and No Bull. We Just Like to Ride!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FeTT-X said:
I'll throw a YES vote your way for this one. As long as there is no snow/salt on the roads, and it's not raining, I should be good. And I will most definitely have my heated gear for this one!

That's great news, FeTT-X! Will you meet the ride group at the 10:00 AM initial link-up at the BP Gas Station on the northeast corner of Mound Road and 18 Mile Road in Sterling Heights, Michigan? Or do you plan to do an in-stride link-up with the ride group at the Mobil Gas Station that located on the northeast corner of Woodward Avenue and Long Lake Road in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, at 10:40 AM, sort of like how you've done that in-stride link-up in the past?

Sponsored by the

Great Lakes Road Riders

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FeTT-X said:
I'd plan for the 10:40 option. Thanks!

Got it, FeTT-X! I'll add that 10:40 AM in-stride link-up to the the Timeline shown on the first post of this discussion thread.

Sponsored by the

Great Lakes Road Riders

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was inside... it was so long... it was just white... and cold!

Some of us have already forgotten what it was like earlier this year during the Spring thaw. Many of us suffered the acute effects of parked motorcycle syndrome over the long, Winter months. Even though this year's riding season is winding down, and even though Winter is just around the corner, Michigan's notorious snow-laden Winter is not here just yet. There's still plenty of time to get out and ride the highways, byways, and roadways of Michigan.

On Sunday, December 13th, put down that TV remote control, get up off that couch or easy chair recliner, gear up for a ride, fire up that V-twin beast of burden that's out there collecting cobwebs in the garage, and join the Southeast Michigan Polar Express Ride to Lunch at the Zukey Lake Tavern in Pinckney, Michigan, weather and road conditions permitting. This will be a 1 hour 45 minute, 50 mile ride. The ride starts at 10:15 AM, and the lunch starts at 12 PM.

Zukey Lake Tavern
5011 Girard Dr
Pinckney, MI 48169
(810) 231-1441

View the Southeast Michigan Polar Express Ride from 18 Mile Rd and Mound Rd in Sterling Hts., Michigan, to the Zukey Lake Tavern in Pinckney, Michigan, in a large, interactive map.

Ride Coordination Information

See the first post of this discussion thread for the following riding coordination information:
. . .
  • link-up location and link-up time
    . . .
  • kickstands-up time
    . . .
  • ride route with interactive map
    . . .
  • weather forecast and wind chill index calculator, and the much sought-after
    . . .
  • frequently asked questions.

Post-up if you'd like to join-in with this Southeast Michigan Polar Express Ride to the Sunday December 13th Lunch at the Zukey Lake Tavern in Pinckney, Michigan, weather and road conditions permitting. We can also discuss subsequent, in-stride link-ups along the planned ride route.

Sponsored by the

Great Lakes Road Riders

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Hot Tub Time Machine closing scene, featuring "Home Sweet Home" by Motley Crue, 2010.

The Hot Tube Time Machine!

The Sunday December 13th Southeast Michigan Polar Express Ride to Lunch
at the Zukey Lake Tavern in Pinckney, Michigan!

And while it might be a lot of fun to watch the 2010 hit comedy movie, Hot Tub Time Machine, and rock-out to the 1985 hit song, "Home Sweet Home," by Motley Crue as the closing movie credits roll, it'd be far more enjoyable to join this ride.

Ride coordinating information appears in the first post of this discussion thread:
. . .
  • link-up location and time
    . . .
  • kickstands-up time
    . . .
  • supplemental in-stride link-ups along the way
    . . .
    . . .
  • weather forecasts, and the much sought-after
    . . .
  • frequently asked questions

If anyone would like to join me anywhere along this Southeast Michigan Polar Express Ride route to lunch at the Zukey Lake Tavern in Pinckney, Michigan, of course, that's if the weather and conditions permit, please post-up to let me know and we'll try to work out a link-up time and place somewhere along this route.

Sponsored by the

Great Lakes Road Riders

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
G Money said:
Man, I think you and FeTT-X have a losoe screw somewhere, but if it's dry day, hell, I'll jump off that bridge with you guys!

That's great news, G Money! Looking forward to riding with you again.

Sponsored by the

Great Lakes Road Riders

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Trailer for the James Bond movie, Spectre, November 2015.

James Bond 007 - Spectre

at the Zukey Lake Tavern in Pinckney!

And while it might be a lot of fun to sit in your favorite easy chair wearing your bathrobe and house slippers as your cruise the Internet searching for a high-quality version of the James Bond movie, Spectre, for which to download, it'd be far more enjoyable to join this ride.

Ride coordinating information appears in the first post of this discussion thread:
. . .
    . . .
  • kickstands-up time
    . . .
    . . .
    . . .
    . . .

If anyone would like to join me anywhere along this Southeast Michigan Polar Express Ride route to lunch at the Zukey Lake Tavern in Pinckney,Michigan, of course, that's if the weather and conditions permit, please post-up to let me know and we'll try to work out a link-up time and place somewhere along this route.

Sponsored by the

Great Lakes Road Riders

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I Decided to Join the 21st Century

at the Zukey Lake Tavern in Pinckney, Michigan!

Yup, I finally decided to upgrade from my 32-inch CRT TV, which is about as heavy as a ship's anchor, to an HDTV. And while it might be a lot of fun for me to sit in my favorite easy chair wearing my bathrobe and house slippers as I simply soak-up and enjoy my new, curved, 65-inch, smart, 4K UHD TV, my new Bluetooth-enabled, wireless-capable, 6.1 channel soundbar with wireless subwoofer, my new Blu-Ray / DVD player, all sitting on my new TV stand, I'll simply have to switch-off all that wonderful stuff, get suited-up for a brisk weather ride, fire-up the 'ole V-twin beast sitting in my garage, and hit the blacktop for the Southeast Michigan Polar Express Ride to Lunch at the Zukey Lake Tavern in Pinckney, Michigan, on Sunday December 13th.

. . .
    . . .
  • kickstands-up time
    . . .
    . . .
    . . .
    . . .

If anyone would like to join me anywhere along this Southeast Michigan Polar Express Ride route to lunch at the Zukey Lake Tavern in Pinckney, Michigan, of course, that's if the weather and conditions permit, please post-up in this discussion thread to let me know and we'll try to work out a link-up time and place somewhere along this route.

Sponsored by the

Great Lakes Road Riders

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Road hazards scene, Wild Hogs, 2007.

Bug-Splats and Bird-Strikes

And while it might be a lot of fun to sit in your favorite easy chair wearing your bathrobe and house slippers as you watch the road hazards scene of the 2007 hit comedy movie, Wild Hogs, it'd be far more enjoyable to join this ride given you don't have to worry about bug-splats nor bird-strikes during brisk weather rides.

. . .
  • kickstands-up time
    . . .
    . . .
    . . .
    . . .

If anyone would like to join me anywhere along this Southeast Michigan Polar Express Ride route to lunch at the Zukey Lake Tavern in Pinckney, Michigan, of course, that's if the weather and conditions permit, please post-up in this discussion thread to let me know and we'll try to work out a link-up time and place somewhere along this route.

Sponsored by the

Great Lakes Road Riders

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This Weather Radar Updates Every Few Minutes!

I know the weather forecast, particularly temperature, road and roadsalt residue conditions, and the likelihood of crystalline sunshine, are particular concerns to riders who are considering joining the Southeast Michigan Polar Express Ride to Lunch at the Zukey Tavern in Pinckney, Michigan. So I posted this regularly updating weather radar for your convenience regarding one's potential ride participation.

Of note, we've experienced quite a bit of liquid sunshine since November 23rd. Further, it looks as though there's more liquid sunshine in the forecast between now and Sunday December 13th. So unless we experience another crystalline sunshine accumulation on the roadways followed by the application of roadsalt, I think things will be ok for a rather brisk Southeast Michigan Polar Express Ride to Lunch at the Zukey Lakey Tavern sans roadsalt residue!

Long-Range Weather Forecast as of November 30th, 2015

Current 10-Day Weather Forecast

• Clinton Twp., Michigan, 10-Day Weather Forecast: ( link )
  • Pinckney, Michigan, 10-Day Weather Forecast: ( link )

• kickstands-up time

If anyone would like to join me anywhere along this Southeast Michigan Polar Express Ride route to lunch at the Zukey Lake Tavern in Pinckney, Michigan, of course, that's if the weather and road conditions permit, please post-up in this discussion thread to let me know and we'll try to work out a link-up time and place somewhere along this route.

Sponsored by the

Great Lakes Road Riders

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Toys for Tots Donations

Like last year, please bring a new and unwrapped toy valued up to no more than $10 to the Sunday December 13 lunch gathering at the Zukey Lake Tavern in Pinckney, Michigan. We will collect those donated toys and provide them a Toys for Tots program.

Zukey Lake Tavern ( Link to Interactive Map )
5011 Girard Drive
Pinckney, Michigan 48169

• kickstands-up time

If anyone would like to join me anywhere along this Southeast Michigan Polar Express Ride route to lunch at the Zukey Lake Tavern in Pinckney, Michigan, of course, that's if the weather and road conditions permit, please post-up in this discussion thread to let me know and we'll try to work out a link-up time and place somewhere along this route.

Sponsored by the

Great Lakes Road Riders

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Tubthumping (I Get Knocked Down), Chumbawamba, 1997.

The Polar Express Ride Song,
Sung to the Song, Tubthumping, by Chumbawamba

We'll be riding
We'll be singing

When we're riding
When we're winning

We'll be riding
We'll be singing

They lay down salt, but then it rains again
I get knocked down, but I get up again

It's never going to stop my ride
You're never going to keep me down

So what, it's cold outside
Pissing the night away

Still doing the Polar Ride
Pissing the night away

He drinks a coffee drink
He drinks a whiskey drink

He drinks a Palmer drink
He drinks a vodka drink

He eats a rib meal
He drinks a lager drink

He eats a buffet meal
He drinks a cider drink

He thinks the thoughts that remind him of the good rides
He sings the songs that remind him of the good times

He thinks the thoughts that remind him of the better rides
He sings the songs that remind him of the better times

"Oh, V-twin ride..."
"Oh Danny Boy..."

So what, it's cold outside
Pissing the night away

Still doing the Polar Ride
Pissing the night away

He drinks a coffee drink
He drinks a whiskey drink

He drinks a Palmer drink
He drinks a vodka drink

He eats a rib meal
He drinks a lager drink

He eats a buffet meal
He drinks a cider drink

He thinks the thoughts that remind him of the good rides
He sings the songs that remind him of the good times

He thinks the thoughts that remind him of the better rides
He sings the songs that remind him of the better times

"Don't worry 'bout me, I'll dress warmly..."
"Don't cry for me next door neighbor..."

. . .
  • kickstands-up time
    . . .
    . . .
    . . .
    . . .

Sponsored by the

Great Lakes Road Riders

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens
USA Release Date - December 18th, 2015

While it would be a pleasant past-time to pine away for the December 18th, 2015, US release date for Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens, as well as to search the Internet and particularly YouTube for the latest movie trailers and other related movie information, that enjoyable movie won't be released until mid-to-late-December. Yet there are other enjoyable things you can do in the meantime. Specifically, you could enjoy the brisk yet sunny outside weather and the remaining rideable road conditions by joining the Sunday December 13th Southeast Michigan Polar Express Ride to Lunch at the Zukey Lake Tavern ride. And while the Star Wars saga features such things as R2D2 and C3PO, this ride will feature B4OS: bikes, boulevards, and a breakfast buffet with an omelette station!

. . .
  • kickstands-up time
    . . .
    . . .
    . . .
    . . .

If anyone would like to join me anywhere along this Southest Michigan Polar Express Ride route to the Zukey Lake Tavern in Pinckney, Michigan, of course, that's if the weather and road conditions permit, please post-up in this discussion thread to let me know and we'll try to work out a link-up time and place somewhere along this route.

Sponsored by the

Great Lakes Road Riders

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

"Somewhere Over the Rainbow," Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, recorded in1988.

Rainbow Not Required

And while the rendition of the song, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow," as sung by the late Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, is a really nice, peaceful, and relaxing song, I'm not really looking for a rainbow to appear following what'll hopefully be enough rain to wash away any traces of roadsalt residue along the ride route. Rather, I just want all traces of roadsalt residue to be gone. To. Be. Gone. Therfore, let it rain, let it rain, let it rain, as long as there's no liquid sunshine on Sunday December 13th.

. . .
  • kickstands-up time
    . . .
    . . .
    . . .
    . . .

If anyone would like to join me anywhere along this Southest Michigan Polar Express Ride route to the Zukey Lake Tavern in Pinckney, Michigan, of course, that's if the weather and road conditions permit, please post-up in this discussion thread to let me know and we'll try to work out a link-up time and place somewhere along this route.

Sponsored by the

Great Lakes Road Riders

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FeTT-X on 03 Dec 2015: said:
Since we've had some rain, possibly some salt afterward already, but now may have more rain again... I just might end up riding to the meeting. As Fletch said, it will be a decision made either the night before or the morning of the meeting next Sunday.

And, whether I ride or not, I will be thinking about Star Wars pretty much the whole time.
I totally understand, FeTT-X. I hope the weather and road conditions, including and most especially the absence of roadsalt residue, are such that you decide to do this Southeast Michigan Polar Express Ride to Lunch at the Zukey Lake Tavern in Pinckney, Michigan, even if that means that you make your decision at the last minute. In any case, thanks for at least considering joining this ride!

Gazoo2 will also do this ride - following behind us while driving my cage, though. She said something about it being questionable riding in the briskness of the mid-December temperatures. That's ok, though. I'm just glad she'll be coming along.

Sponsored by the

Great Lakes Road Riders

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[video=youtube;RnSnfiUI54]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRnSnfiUI54[/video]

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, the scene during which Captain Kirk yells at Khan after Khan tells
Kirk that he's going to leave Kirk buried alive at the center of a dead planet, 1982.

Weather Forecasters!!!

Army Tanker on 04 Dec 2015: said:
Therfore, let it rain, let it rain, let it rain, as long as there's no liquid sunshine on Sunday December 13th.
I guess I was a tad bit overly exuberant when I previously said that I hoped it would rain enough to ensure all the roadsalt residue was washed off the Polar Express Ride route. Dag-nabbit. However, I did specify that I hoped there would not be any liquid sunshine on Sunday December 13th, the day of the Polar Express Ride. As of today, December 7th, there's something like a 70% forecast of liquid sunshine on December 13th, the day of the Polar Express Ride. 70% liquid sunshine. If it was going to be warmer weather on Sunday December 13th, I might've been inclined to do the Polar Express Ride despite the 70% chance of liquid sunshine on that day. But it's a whole 'nuther story if it's going to be both wet and cold on that day. Whole. 'Nuther. Story. Especially given I ride with a half-helmet rather than a full-face-helmet.

Still, I plan to hold-off until Thursday December 10th before I decide whether or not to cancel the Polar Express Ride due to weather considerations. Bummer. I was really hoping to make that the last day that I ride for the 2015 riding season.

. . .
  • kickstands-up time
    . . .
    . . .
    . . .
    . . .

Sponsored by the

Great Lakes Road Riders

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Kelly's Heros; one of many scenes in which Army Tank Commander, Oddball, told the pessimistic
tank bow gunner and assistant driver, Moriarity, to stop with the negative waves; 1970.

Knock It Off with those Negative Waves

FeTT-X on 08 Dec 2015: said:
Let's stay positive - it just might clear up! Like you, I'd love to finish out 2015 with one last ride... I see my chances at about 50/50 for now, hoping that gets even better.
You're absolutely right, FeTT-X. Like Donald Sutherland's character, Oddball, was often heard exclaiming to Gavin MacLeod's character, Moriarity, in the 1970 war comedy movie, Kelly's Heros, I should stop with the "negative waves." So here are some positive waves: It's going to be dry yet brisk weather for the upcoming Sunday December 13th Northeast Siders Polar Express Ride to Lunch at the Zukey Lake Tavern, the ride scenery will be beautiful, and it will be a righteous ride. Hope those positive waves work!

. . .
  • kickstands-up time
    . . .
    . . .
    . . .
    . . .

Sponsored by the

Great Lakes Road Riders

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Bruce Almighty, the scene during which Bruce Nolan discovers that "he's got the power,"

Yes! Yes! The Weather Forecast is Conducive for the Polar Express Ride!

Fletch on 09 Dec 2015: said:
Chance of rain down to 20% !
Like they chanted at Woodstock --- NO MORE RAIN --- NO MORE RAIN
And, lo, Bruce Almighty looked upon the cessation of liquid sunshine across the planned ride route, and he saw that it was good. Ladies and gentlemen, we are back in business for the Southeast Michigan Polar Express Ride to Lunch at the Zukey Lake Tavern in Pinckney, Michigan!

This Weather Radar Updates Every Few Minutes!

I know the weather forecast, particularly chance of liquid sunshine, road, and roadsalt residue conditions, and air temperature, are particular concerns to riders who are considering joining the Southeast Michigan Polar Express Ride to Lunch at the Zukey Tavern in Pinckney, Michigan. So I posted this regularly updating weather radar for your convenience regarding one's potential ride participation. I think it's fair to say that there's been quite a bit of liquid sunshine along the planned ride route lately, and it's been sufficient enough to wash away any remaining roadsalt residue.

Long-Range Weather Forecast as of December 10th, 2015

Current 10-Day Weather Forecast

• Clinton Twp., Michigan, 10-Day Weather Forecast: ( link )
  • Pinckney, Michigan, 10-Day Weather Forecast: ( link )

. . .
  • kickstands-up time
    . . .
    . . .
    . . .
    . . .

Sponsored by the

Great Lakes Road Riders

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Given the current weather forecast for the Sunday December 13th Southeast Michigan Polar Express Ride to Lunch at the Zukey Lake Tavern, unless the weather forecast changes for the worse, meaning a forecasted greater than 40% chance of liquid sunshine, or actual liquid sunshine on the morning that day's ride, I still plan to do this ride. I suspect that others might probably be thinking the same way.

Questions Concerning Initial Ride Link-Up and Subsequent, In-Stride Link-Ups Along the Ride Route

Rickie, if you still plan to do the Polar Express Ride, providing we have acceptable weather conditions, does Brenda plan to also do the ride, or will it just be you at the initial 10:00 AM link-up at the BP Gas Station on the northeast corner of 18 Mile Rd and Mound Rd in Sterling Hts., Michigan? ( Map Link )

Fletch, if you and Smokey still plan to do the Polar Express Ride, providing we have acceptable weather conditions, do you plan to do a subsequent, in-stride link-up at 10:25 AM at the Flagstaff Bank parking lot along Long Lake Road at the northwest corner of Rochester Road and Long Lake Road in Troy,Michigan ? ( Map Link )

FeTT-X, if you still plan to do the Polar Express Ride, providing we have acceptable weather conditions, do you plan to do a subsequent, in-stride link-up at 10:40 AM at the Mobil Gas Station at the northeast corner of Woodward Avenue and Long Lake Road in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan? ( Map Link )

BobVTX, if you still plan to do the Polar Express Ride, providing we have acceptable weather conditions, do you plan to do a subsequent, in-stride link-up at 10:40 AM at the Mobil Gas Station at the northeast corner of Woodward Avenue and Long Lake Road in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, there same place where FeTT-X might be for a subsequent, in-stride link-up? ( Map Link ) Or do you plan to be at the initial 10:00 AM link-up at the BP Gas Station on the northeast corner of 18 Mile Rd and Mound Rd in Sterling Hts., Michigan? ( Map Link )

At this point, I do not know how many, if any, colleagues from my workplace plan to join the initial 10:00 AM link-up at the BP gas station on the northeast corner of 18 Mile Rd and Mound Rd in Sterling Hts., Michigan. Last month, quite a number of workplace colleagues showed up at that 10:00 AM initial link-up, and a number of them didn't inform me ahead of time that they were planning to join the ride.

Rick, Cary, Jay, and Bob, please let me know so I have an idea what to expect in the event you folks plan to do the Polar Express Ride.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great Ride!

Despite the early morning heavy fog, thick humidity, and very wet roadways due to the previous, early morning bout of liquid sunshine, we had a great turn-out for the Southeast Michigan Polar Express Ride to Lunch at the Zukey Lake Tavern in Pinckney, Michigan! Far more riders did that ride than I anticipated, given the very questionable early morning weather forecast that Sunday December 13th.

Please see the following link for pictures taken at the Zukey Lake Tavern in Pinckney, Michigan: ( link ).

Sponsored by the

Great Lakes Road Riders

1 - 20 of 20 Posts