Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've not had any luck finding it. Is there an internet site with it, or can someone give me an idea of where to find it? I've heard LOTs of good things 'bout this stuff. Mostly how it doesn't gunk up & cause the wheels to go off balance like other sealants.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Ummm.......http://www.ride-on.com

It has been said many times before on this forum to stay away from this stuff. Where this one is different is you put it in your tire BEFORE you have a problem. Problem with that is do you really want to be heading out on a long ride and NOT know you have a bolt stuck in your tire?

This stuff can hide potentially fatal tire problems until it's too late. I personally would rather have my tire go flat and have it replaced, after all, thats what the Honda Riders Club membership is for. :wink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
even if you use the ride-on, having pretty much anything stuck anywhere in the tire like a small peice of metal (shaving, nail, screw) will alter the handling characteristics of the tire, in some cases significantly. the forces applied to the tire are not absorbed properly (think of trying to move your body with a small nail in you... possible to function and do things but definitely not at 100%) and therefore not rebound properly.

so it will help you not lose tire pressure in that scenario and there might save your life. good thing. however if it saves your life, then 10 miles down a twisty turn you highside on a back tire spittin you up cause a nail didn't let the rear tire attain needed traction and end up suckin your meals outta a chris reeves tube, that's no good either. i'd take the first option and clock out early.

jokin aside, if you use the stuff check your tires ALL THE TIME. i do anyways but i'm paranoid like that.

·
Registered
342 Posts
i have it in my gl1800 for about 12000 miles and in my vtx1800 for 3000. no problems. i don't have to add air as much. we had some blue knight members die from blowouts on there harley's. after that most of us added the ride-on.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I added the Ride-On and have 6,000 miles with no problems. I've only had to add a little air in a year but I visually check my tires every time I ride. I haven't had any problems with it. I think some good points have been made but I plan on switching my tires soon so I may not put Ride-On in my new Venom's. Depends on how quickly I lose air.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Does this stuff coat the inside of the tire with goo? Wouldn't it then also coat the inside of the wheel with goo? Anybody dealt with a tire change with this stuff in there?

Just curious.

·
Registered
342 Posts
tire change is a mess with this stuf in it but it will clean out with water.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts