Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its almost done... This was on the honey do list.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Lookin' good, that oughta keep you out of trouble for a while. :lol: 8)

·
Registered
349 Posts
So when are ya having us all over for BBQ?

·
Registered
417 Posts
I see you are from New Hampshire, so the means you get to use the deck nine days out of the year?

I noticed the fire pit...that extends it to two weeks?

Just kidding, 105 today here in Arizona (it's a dry heat) (yeah like living in a pizza oven).

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
AZVTXtra said:
I see you are from New Hamshire, so the means you get to use the deck nine days out of the year?

I noticed the fire pit...that extends it to two weeks?

Just kidding, 105 today here in Arizona (it's a dry heat) (yeah like living in a pizza oven).
I was at my daughter's in Queen Creek this week-end and it was 118*

Glad to be home, only in the mid 90's today. 8) 8)

·
Registered
201 Posts
very

very nice deck!! I love building things

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Good Looking Deck. Where is the motorcycle???? # 1 rule when you have something nice to show off you find a way to get your bike in the shot !!!!

I see the special cuts in the deck. If you did it yourself give yourself a pat on the back. I love building also.

ride safe 8)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Looks really nice. I bet you had an ear to ear smile as you sat back on the chair with the first official cold one of choice (the ones drank while in construction dont count)

I put a deck on my house this year and it is great kicking back in the evening and watching the garage (small lot, big deck)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guys

Thanks for the compliments. Believe it or not this is the 1st deck I have ever built. I had a little help from my step father. The old geeser won't bring mom down for a visit unless he has something to keep himself busy. That is not a bad thing :D :D . We had the whole family mom, step dad, wife, son, daughter and nephew give a little help when we where putting down the decking. Somewhere between 12 and 14 hundred screws. Thats a lot of screwing.... :shock: My wife had picked up a couple of those do it yourself books and picked out a couple of things she liked and then we went to work. I really like how the bench turned out. It was pulled right out of one of the books the wife had. And as far as having to treat it it each year it wont be so bad at least I wont have any rails to do they are all vinyl. And yes dbparti24 I try and do all my own maintenance with the help of this board. I can usually follow directions pretty good :lol:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Yup. here in Arizona, we don't build "outside Decks", we build decks outside, put walls around them, and call them 'Arizona Rooms". Strange place.....but at least we can ride 300 days out of the year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts