Just saying:dontknow: Points well taken though:thumbup:Basic MC Rider Safety Tips from the VTXOA Members
(Safe Driving Requires Managing Risk)
1. Never (ever) take your eyes off the road in front of you.
2. Search, Evaluate, Execute (SEE), means prowling. Prowling is sitting up and forward and actively searching for obstacles, hazards and perils.
6. a. Look at the front wheel of a vehicle to determine the driver’s intent and starting motion.
14. Always do a head-check when changing lanes.
20. Check your mirrors. Do it every time you change lanes, slow down or stop.
23. Watch the inside arc of the curve. Slow or brake fully before curves, then accelerate through them.
Have you ever worn GOOD ear plugs, sets that are made by an audiologist? I have and you can hear everything BETTER with them in. The plugs block all the wind buffeting of your ear drums, so all you hear is vehicles, your buddy next to you talking to you, kids laughing in the park, etc....
About $35 a set last time I got them made for me. Once you sit for a mold, my audiologist gave me my cast so if I need new ones I just send my cast into the labs to have new sets made.
You should tell your audiologist that you want to wear them under a helmet. I have 2 sets, 1 for without a helmet(larger that stick out of the ear canal a little bit. 1 for under helmet(these sit flush with the skull so the helmet will not push them farther into the canal )
I use them for mowing the lawn and using the snow blower now too.