Honda VTX Forum banner

Are you riding during lockdown?

• Anywhere I want. To me it's essential to be on my bike, damn the torpedoes full steam ahead

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Yes for pleasure but only stop is to gas up

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Yes for pleasure, but I'll make sure that I make one essential stop to justify the ride.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • No riding unless it's for essential purposes

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
27,862 Posts
Finally got to ride today for the first time since last October. Going into my third riding season on this bike and it felt like I just climbed off it yesterday. Beautiful day, backroads quiet as usual but strangely no more than usual. Great day for a putt. Passed the same LEO twice going and coming and a second one once. Never got a second look from either of them.
The highways & surface streets here have very little traffic.
No rush Hour to speak of.

It reminds me of those Sundays, when it's gonna be hot & humid, and I'll leave for the shore at 7AM. Very light traffic.

Some ppl in Church, others sleeping in, the drunks & dopers are still recovering from Saturday night.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Rode the last 2 days, 75 miles yesterday and today at 156. I was surprised today at the good gas mileage I got. Not having to keep up with traffic at 80 mph down the interstates sure does help.

156 miles and a refill at 3.3 gallons = 47mpg.. first time it has been over 43 mpg for me. I generally get right at 39/40

Should be able to go again soon, the weather looks to be good this week.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Strangely our governor signed online gambling into law just after he issued the lockdown. First pot, now gambling, I guess there's no lengths to which our State won't go to pull in more taxes. Next we'll probably see prostitution legalized. After the pandemic ends of course.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts