I rode on a gravel road today for about 10 miles and couldn't hardly stand that

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Move to NE Texas!!! We rarely get snow!! :D

·
Registered
824 Posts
I rode a dirtbike once in the snow/ice with screws in the tires. That thing looked gnarly and it was the best traction I ever had on a motorcycle. Maybe you just need some ice screws :yikes:

G

·
I have to say that this MIGHT be one time where a Car Tire would be good idea. Even with that I don't think I would take the chance.

I've done it when I was forced to, that is I was already on the road when the snow started. It wasn't fun..... but I was extremely cautious and chose my route very carefully - avoiding large hills where possible.

G

·
I rode a dirtbike once in the snow/ice with screws in the tires. That thing looked gnarly and it was the best traction I ever had on a motorcycle. Maybe you just need some ice screws :yikes:
I have seen that done - up north years ago I read about Motorcycle Racing on ICE !!!!!

·
Registered
739 Posts
I just lock the hubs, put it in 4-Lo, and let her eat mud or snow. (See avatar.)

BUT I would never ride my cycle in the snow. If I could put 40" Super Swamper tires on my bike, maybe!

jp

·
Registered
6,321 Posts

Rode a xl 350 honda where I used a tire chain every year on it. It had excellent traction;)

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
I used to ride a Bultaco 200 uphill 40 miles in seven feet of snow to school every morning when I was a kid. And then I walked home, back uphill in twelve feet of snow.

You all know the story.

:joke:

John

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I've ridden my dirt bikes and 3 wheelers in the snow and ice with and without studded tires it's awesome.As far as my street bikes no way they stay home for the winter.I've seen people doing it around here while it's snowing but not me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts