Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today me and a couple of buddies rode about 300 miles. Just got started good was going about 65 on a 4 lane road feet up on the hiway pegs 80 degrees, LIFE IS GOOD. All of a sudden I feel a stinging pain in my groin area really close to the jewels. I wiggled around thinking something in my pocket was poking me. Wrong. Another sharp pain closer to my butt cheeks. I finally got the hint, some kind of critter is in my pants biting or stinging me. Now i really started wiggiling around and it nailed me again. I was in front and gave my buddies every known one handed signal for distress. Finally got off to the side of the road and jumped off my bike and shucked my jeans to my knees to try and find what was causing my pain. Could not find the bug, but needles to say my riding buddies were about rolling on the ground laughing at me. I must admit me standing at the side of a 4 lane road with my pants at my knees with me swatting around in them must have been pretty funny. Sometimes when my feet are up on the pegs my jeans balloon out from the air blowing on them and I must have sucked a bug of somekind up my pantsleg. True story, be careful out there guys.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
That was some funny stuff, I'm having a tough time typing. SORRY not laughing at you, but I can picture this in my head very well. I had a similar thing happen to me but I was wearing shorts and that was the last time I did! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I had something similar happen to me once. Wasnt funny at the time, hurt like he** whatever it was. From then on I only wear boot cut jeans and havent had it happen again. :twisted:

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I can sympathize with you there. 30 years ago when I rode sans windshield, I caught a "June Bug" right in the chest. Those of you from the South will know the size of beetle that I'm talking about here. Running about 70, and twack!! It was about like being hit in the chest by a golf ball off a driver at 100 yards out. :shock:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Happened to a friend of mine one night in a bar, but it was a big old cockroach that crawled up his pants leg. Slapped at his leg by his crotch for a while then dropped his pants to the ground in a packed bar. Pulled out pieces of the cockroach. It wasn't pretty.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Not to date myself but back in 1977 I riding my new KZ1000 two up with my wife. We were cruising down the freeway in northern California. It was a nice sunny day with not many cages around and we were just taking it easy and enjoying the wind in our face. All of a sudden a bird of some type flew into my front spokes and exploded. We were covered with Blood, guts and feathers. It was not a pretty sight. Fortunately we both had our mouths closed at the time.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Youz guys crack me up. The collisions I've had with little critters don't come close to the stuff here. But the funniest one I remember is a few years ago, I was riding my Gold Wing to church. I was wearing a black suit; and had the jeans a T shirt in the trunk. Anyway about 2 miles from the church, I collided with some type of big bug. He hit the edge of the windshield near the right mirror. When he exploded, it sprayed me with yellow sh** as if someone sprayed me with paint. I saw it on my suit and just removed the coat, but didn't check my face. I go in and take my place as usher. After I seat a few people, a "nice" lady, thru her laughter told me to check my face. Man, my face must have taken the bulk of the goo. There was what appeared to be pieces of wing and other bug body parts, and yellow innards all over my face. And it was tough to remove too. They still talk about it whenever I ride to church.

·
Registered
349 Posts
ohhh yeah

my first real memory on my dads "HOG"
Tooling down the road- I was in the normal position, in front of him propped up on the "coffin box" gas tank, I think I was 4-maybe 5.
Dads chopper was just over 10 feet long with a wicked springer front end.
We were going along, all is well and then..... Meow mix!!!! Bam! Friggn' cat ran right into the front rim. Those spokes tore it up quick!
Next thing I saw was Red, Green, and fur. The rest of it landed on dad, poor bugger thought that my head exploded cause all he saw was gooey stuff coming off my face. Took about a mile to get the sled stopped, I remember it shaking some kinda fierce. I will never forget the bear hug he gave me when he was able to see that I was O.K.
Dad hates cats - I wonder why???

·
Registered
799 Posts
I caught a bumble bee in my open face helmut once on the interstate. The problem was is didn't kill him. You can picture me trying to pull the helmut off, slap the bee, and get the bike shut down at the same time, while he's stinging the $hit out of me. Sometimes it's just hard to look cool!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I started riding street bike's in the mid 80's. My first week of riding I got hit in the head by a sparrow..felt like a hammer hit me. A few day's later I ride right into a swarm of honeybee's! I pull over as quickly as possible and the bee's are all over me! A cop that saw what happened stops and begins to smack the bee's that are still on me..I just wonder what people thought was going on when they drove by and saw this!! I got about 30 some stings from those bee's..and the cop was laughing himself silly at me jumping around. :lol: This was one time a cop was around when I needed one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts