Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have a suggestion for some do not miss sights?? Have heard they have the tallest waterfall in N. America.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
There is a upper and lower tahquamenon falls. Take mosquito repellant. The good stuff. Last time I was there I looked at my arm and it was black with them, but it just depends on when your there. A lot of people go to the soo locks. Personally I like to go down us 2 along lake michigan. It's all great, but watch out for critters. There all up there except for alligators, but hitting a bear could be bad. Probably just pis$ him off.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I think the Western end is the most beautiful and the best riding. Kewnaw pennisula is great. M26 from Houghton/Handcock thru Calumet, Eagle Harbor, on to Copper Harbor is perhaps some of the best most beautiful riding in Mich. Lake Fanny Ho,Resort is a nice, reasonalbly priced place to stay in Copper Harbor. Can get a room w/ balcony, over looking lake for $60-$70. Lots of sites, and places of interest abound. Have a great time-- I plan on heading up that way in early Sept.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Better take a jacket. I froze my behind off this May on deersleigher's big ride.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I hear that up near Petoskey there is a trail of trees. I have not had a chance to get there yet, but I know riding from Traverse City to St Ignace along the waters edge is very nice.

Enjoy the trip. I enjoy cruising along 2 as well.

We normally stop in Newberry for the night - its in the middle of nowhere, but they have good places to stay and its in the middle, so you can head in any direction each morning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts