Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone put 4" risers on there bike with a fairing? if so how much did it move the bars up? i dont want my bars at the top of the fairing or over it....ty

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I don't remember how tall they were, but I did have risers on mine. I went back to stock.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lylejt did you have a fairing on your bike?

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
My cousin has the hoppe fairing with kury 4" risers on her 1300 retro and it worked well for her. I have 6" risers with a hoppe fairing on my 1800c and it fits great. There were just enough room to clear the radio cover, about 2 inches
hope this helps
dd

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Yup. Electraglide fairing. Handlebars sat above too high when I looked at it. Then again, the fairing sits a little low on my bike too. The reseviour cover just peaks a little over the top and the cup looking things on each side on a harley cover your grips so your hands don't feel the wind. The way mine is mounted the wind goes over the top of my hands.

You can see the reseviour and also part of the grip.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks both of you that helps a lot

·
Registered
541 Posts
When I had my HD fairing on I had the Wishmaster riser and any more than that would have been a little much - bars (R model) would have been too high. I had the fairing mounted as low as I could, didn't want a big space between the headlight and fairing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts