Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for 4.5" risers for 1300R. There are some for sale on ebay motors for about $50. I have seen others on cycle parts nation for about the same price. I am not sure they will fit. Do any of you know any that would work for a similar price? And will they work with the factory cables? Thanks in advance:yikes:

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I have the 4" ebay specials. They hit the speedometer on full lock of the handlebars. The speedometer is plastic and has some flex to it, but who knows when it will no longer flex and decide to crack? I also had to move the clutch cable from the front of the triple tree to behind the tree.

good luck

·
Registered
188 Posts
I also have the 4" aero mechs... They cost more but stock cables work just fine, the relief from these is just perfect, and the chrome and fit are first class..

·
Registered
605 Posts
:agree: I have had these on my bike since soon after new. Stock cables...no problem.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Risers

I installed some earlier this week. I got them from Rivco.com P/N vtx13017A. They are polished aluminum and look good. They do not hit the speedometer at all and the cables are just fine. They set back about 2" which is what I needed after installing my Big Boy seat from Ultimate Seats. They cost 129.95. I hope this helps!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Put the 4" ShowChromes on my "S" 3 years ago ... Love em. 8) $99

·
Registered
317 Posts
Risers

Baron 4" 1 1/2" kickback fit perfect not cable problems price might be more but well worth the price.
Cost $105 off the web at cruiser customizing:thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts