Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some riser advice. Im trying to decide which size would work best for me, as well as which are the best quality. I am 5'7", 130 lbs. Feel like Im slouching too much, and sitting too far foward on those long rides..killin my back leanin forward. Figured these would help. Just not sure what size I should get...the 4", 6" etc... Im also gonna add the mustang seat, would this affect the positioning?

The ones im lookin at are the aeromach 4" pullback risers, and the Scootworks PhatRisers I (1.5" up, 2" closer), or PhatRisers III (1.75" up and 2.5" closer). Also thinkin I should add the Kury TT cover...might look better. Any thoughts? Also, any opinions on quality of these products? I also dont want to replace my cables if necessary...most reviews said this wouldnt be a prob with any of these.

One more ?. Also saw the CP 1.5" Punisher handlebars...thought they looked really neat. Anyone have these/tried these? Can u install this with the Kury TT cover as well? Was thinkin it might be to much for me. I dont want it to totally mess up my mojo. Also dont want my bike to get too big n bulky or bull-hoggish looking.

Thanks- Ashelee

·
Registered
158 Posts
I am 5'3" and installed the PhatII risers. I also purchased a ultimate seat with backrest. Now I have no problems at all riding all day.

The best advice I have heard is to sit on your bike, close your eyes and then raise your arms to a comfortable position. Open your eyes, and see how far you are from the handbars, both vertically and horizontally. That should give you an idea about how much rise and pullback you would need.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I went with the Show Chrome risers. They use the same caps has the fork caps they sell separately so I moved the chrome time and temp gauges I couldn't see from my forks to these and used the cap on the forks. I'm very happy with the product. Oh, I'm 5' 7" also and they fit nicely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts