Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Has anyone installed risers on their VTX1300R? If so, what size do you install?
:-?

I am playing with the idea of getting some for my bike, but again, I didn't know what size to get. I didn't want my handle bars to be high up in the air.:dontknow:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

Ride Safe,

·
Registered
354 Posts
I put them on mine. They are not very tall I'm thinking they come up and back maybe 2 inches? It made my bike much more rideable for distance. I have an 03 Retro model.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I Love my risers

Mine are perfect. They were on the bike when I bought it, so I'm not sure what they are. I could measure them for you. I'm 6'0'', but tall in the body. I wear a 30" inseam pants.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Re:Risers

I am playing with the idea of getting some for my bike, but again, I didn't know what size to get. I didn't want my handle bars to be high up in the air.:dontknow:

Ride Safe,
I originally purchased the Aeromach 4" pullback risers---it didn't raise the handlebars too far up, gave some pullback and it worked with the stock cables. I think most 4" will be able to allow you to keep the original cables.

I recently changed them out for Phatriser II since I like to recline in my backrest. I was able to keep the stock cables but I had to route them behind the triple tree. The I think the Phatrisers are either 5" or 6" rise on them, not too much for me.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Risers

I used the 4" pull back Phatrisers. One of the best add on to my bike. I am 5'9" and they gave me perfect reach, I can lean back into my backrest and really enjoy the ride. I was able to keep my original cables and the handle bar is not too high.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have risers, well more of a pull back. The risers brought the bars 3 inches closer, but did not change the height. I got them from directline.

·
Old Goat
26,227 Posts
FYI, I inquired about the aeromach and they are on indefinite back order at most vendors. good luck in your choice

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have the Sho-Chrome risers. I think they are 4". Moved the bar up about an inch and back about 3/4 inch. Works with stock cables. They got me away from the hunched over back pain.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Mine was bought used, and came with a set of 1800C risers on them. Perfect fit for me, and no need to change the cables. Might be able to find a set in the classifieds cheap.

·
Registered
253 Posts
what size car tire for 1300 retro with 1300 C rear rim

i'm a little frustrated doing a search for the info i need. I'm going for it. I neeed to know what size tire will fit my retro with C rim.

goodyear tiple tread.

thanks for the help.

·
Registered
150 Posts

Ride Safe,
I used Show Chome and it raised the about 2 inches and back an inch or more. It was much better.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I have risers, well more of a pull back. The risers brought the bars 3 inches closer, but did not change the height. I got them from directline.
Which risers did you purchase? I am interested in getting some myself. I am 5'2" on a good day. Just bought a vtx 1300r and that's just about the only thing I need to change (at the moment :grin:).
thanks - Will

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just installed Kury 4" risers and love them. I'm 5'9" so with the stock risers, I couldn't sit back and still reach the bars. Now the bars come to me when I'm in a very comfortable position. It took about 45 minutes to swap them out. 2007 1300R

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Knew I remebered this thread from a few days ago.
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208797

Talking about some from ebay for about half the going rate. Your call, but another suggestion.
Cheers.
I had Rivco 4" risers I got from HDL, they had a brushed finish. Really made a difference, but didn't have to change the cables. I saw those eBay ones that were chromed and only $40 and jumped on them. They shipped from China and arrived in perfect shape and in good time, but like anything else that came in the last few weeks, they are on my bench, patiently awaiting the triumphant return of my scoot.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts