Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious...I have the #195 Sculpted Chrome Billet Risers from Kewlmetal on my '06 VTX1300C and am wanting to add a 6 degree triple tree. The risers move your stock handlebars back and lay them down 13 degrees from the stock position. This moves the hand grips back 2.25 inches and the only time you notice these getting a little too close to the tank is when the bike is parked and the wheel naturally gravitates to the left (Newtonian Scientific explanation spared due to site-relative time constraints).
Currently at this parked angle the lowest point of the left control housing is only 1-1/8th inch off the tank, but the left riser is only 1/8th inch off the speedometer housing.
Does anyone have these risers with a 6, 7 or 8 degree triple tree combination on their bike? Would there be adjustments/modifications required for this to work? Would the stock cables be long enough or are replacements necessary?:dontknow:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just finished 6 degree trees..... my custom v bars have approx 5 inc risers and I have no problem with clearance issues what so ever. I used vtx extreme trees and my grips maybe came back 1/4 of an inch if that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts