Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2004 VTX C 1300 Red, Cobra pipes, K&N, Jetted, Dennis Kirk Solo Seat, Memphis Fats, 6800 miles
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody put these on their VTX 1300C? Install seems really easy and was wondering if the reach is substantial change.
Also looking to see if there is a Torque setting for the handle bars? I'm just looking for a small amount of reach and height without exchanging
cables and brake lines!
Any advice would be appreciated...Thanks in advance.
CF

Attachments

· Registered
935 Posts
I used a version of these on my 1300 "R." I noticed a difference in comfort and licked them, but on the R the bars can be moved, unlike the C's Drag bars.

The torque level isn't so crucial since it's not a mechanical part.

· Registered
2004 VTX C 1300 Red, Cobra pipes, K&N, Jetted, Dennis Kirk Solo Seat, Memphis Fats, 6800 miles
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I just wanted to post up the picks of the Risers I bought installed on the bike. It was very easy...took maybe 45 mins because I was being extra careful.
Anyways I Immediately loved the way they feel for me now. I'm 5'5'' on a good day and my reach is so much better now.I sit more upright instead of sitting more forward.
I love the height also.

Attachments

· Registered
1,467 Posts
I used Baron on my 1300R. I thought they looked stock.

Reactions: brettp

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used Baron on my 1300R. I thought they looked stock.
I think I looked at the Baron's...they didn't seem like they would work with my style of handle bar. Plus I wanted something to raise up and pushback towards me.
Post a pic of your Baron's Riser so I see what it looks like.

· Registered
1,467 Posts
I don't remember for sure but I think my Barons were up 2 inches and back 1 with stock cables.

Reactions: brettp

· Registered
13,640 Posts
Hi how do I get them from you?
I have had a lot of success with using 'private conversations' between 2 parties, to exchange information like locations, phone numbers, emails, other media. Build a rapport between you, use your best judgement as far as trust, and make it happen. If you get stalled for any reason, be very wary before sending any $$.

· Registered
29 Posts
I wanted to find out if there is any torque values for the Rivco risers bolts and the nuts for the handlebars, on the 1300 C?
I just purchased the Rivco ones and they do look nice out of the package, and they came with washers and 2 bolts.
The provided instructions don't mention torque values for assembly. Anybody that has installed these have any comments that will help on installing these risers?

· Registered
2002 VTX1800R Lowered 2" Rhinehardt Flush Cut, Brown County X with Flames Air Box Cover
1,932 Posts
This thread may help.

· Registered
29 Posts
This thread may help.
Thanks, I am using blue loctite and tighten down.

· Registered
1,380 Posts
Yes, tightening the nuts on the risers is difficult since I can't get my socket wrench there. Using open end wrench.
Once you tighten it down as best as you can, remove the risers from the triple tree and tighten handlebar bolts. Then put it back on the triple tree...

You only need to mount it first, so that you get the orientation correct.

· Registered
29 Posts
Once you tighten it down as best as you can, remove the risers from the triple tree and tighten handlebar bolts. Then put it back on the triple tree...

You only need to mount it first, so that you get the orientation correct.
That would work too. Thanks.
I've got it fairly tight i feel and with the blue loctite i think it will be find for now.
The front brake hose and the throttle lines seem to be too tight, so now i'm looking into making adjustments on them.

· Registered
13,640 Posts
I wanted to find out if there is any torque values for the Rivco risers bolts and the nuts for the handlebars, on the 1300 C?
I just purchased the Rivco ones and they do look nice out of the package, and they came with washers and 2 bolts.
The provided instructions don't mention torque values for assembly. Anybody that has installed these have any comments that will help on installing these risers?
Blue Loctite. EDIT: Nevermind, I see it's been mentioned several times. I posted before reading the preceding posts.

Reactions: Merry Prankster
1 - 20 of 20 Posts