Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add risers to my 2002 1800R with XR Fairing since I have added the Ultimate Big Boy saddle.

Question #1: Is the change in reach between Rivco ($124) and OEM 1800"C" ($50) risers pretty much the same on a 2002 1800R OEM handlebars?

From my search on this subject it appears that either, Rivco or "C", will do the job yet no mention if the reach (end result) is the same.

Question #2: When I installed the XR Fairing I had to remove my Rivco tach from the triple trees (lack of clearance). Any experience with adding risers and using this brand tach on an 1800R?

Thanks

·
Registered
16,088 Posts
I want to add risers to my 2002 1800R with XR Fairing since I have added the Ultimate Big Boy saddle.

Question #1: Is the change in reach between Rivco ($124) and OEM 1800"C" ($50) risers pretty much the same on a 2002 1800R OEM handlebars?

From my search on this subject it appears that either, Rivco or "C", will do the job yet no mention if the reach (end result) is the same.

Best bang for the buck is the C risers, the reach and pull back is pretty much the same

Question #2: When I installed the XR Fairing I had to remove my Rivco tach from the triple trees (lack of clearance). Any experience with adding risers and using this brand tach on an 1800R?

The only thing you can do is try it when you change to longer risers. The XR fairing is pretty new and you are the only local that I know of that has one

Thanks
Please see the portion above in red :doorag:

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jon on that reach issue. I kinda figured with the tach it would be a "post-riser install" kinda thing.

From the news reports it sounds like the rolling stock is still keeping you real busy at work. Hang in there, the sun will be back...eventually.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts