Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to make a move to the VTX from a VT1100 Shadow. Does anybody have a good idea on where the best place is to sell a well cared for kansas bike? I am not real enthused about selling on ebay. Also not sure about how well the Wichita Eagle can help here. Below is a web site containing some pix. Thanks
http://homepage.mac.com/byroner/PhotoAlbum6.html

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Are you buying a used X? If not, trade that sucker, should get decent money for it. How much are you looking for get for her? She is nice, and I promise once you get on your new 1800 you won't miss her a bit.

Oh, you weren't thinkin about a 1300 were you? C'mon, us boys ride the big bikes, leave the 13s for the ladies, and BigMeyer :) You might want to get ahold of a Kansas X rider on here from Topeka, his username is green, I know he was thinking about selling his X, I don't know if he still is tho. Good luck, looking forward to having you as part of the X-Family.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
That is one sharp bike!! What year and how much? I always know someone looking for a bike and get asked all the time about if I have seen anything sweet. Also why not put it on the for sale list on VTXOA. I see lots of different bikes out there. I live in Wichita and if you want to check out a 1800 instead of a 1300 let me know and we can get together. I was a little intimidated by the thought of that big of a bike but wouldn't step down for anything now!! I think one ride on a 1800 and you will be hooked with the rest of us. Also there are usually some fantastic bargains out there on new 03 and 04 1800's you just have to look outside of Wichita. I bought mine last year at Procycle for 7300 new out the door!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey that red VTX looks great.
I am new to this forum. Was told about it by someone at Cassoday last sunday.
I look forward to getting to know you guys. Honda sure knows how to put bikes together, and I have got the fever for a VTX !

That shadow I am selling above is a sweet machine, I am just looking to ride the wave of appreciation up to a bigger bike. It is a 2002 and has a KBB value of about $5700.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Don't let Jayhawkx sway you. the 1300 is a mean machine. I will put mine up against the sluggish 1800 anyday....lol I am 6'5 and about 280 and the 1300 fits my big ass just fine. You shouldn't have any problem selling that by just putting it where ever a good visible spot is. You will get more from a sale yourself than a trade in. Buy a used VTX, plenty of good ones out there. Buying new was a mistake for me, not because of the bike, just the financial aspects, etc. Love the bike, hate the additional charges. Good luck and welcome to the club.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good advice

Hey BigMeyer,

I have to admit you are probably right. The fever to upgrade is high and I can see why guys jump at the convenience of the trade. The cost of trading and buying new bites hard on the pocket book though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts