Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, all on line part catalogs list these pipes for the R and S only except for Dennis Kirk who says they'll fit a C model, same part number.

Anyone have experience with this? Also, my local Honda dealer called Parts Unlimited tech center and they state they will fit a C.

Anyone know for sure if the exhaust mounting points are the same on a C as they are on the R/S?

These are expensive an I do not want to order them based on someone saying they think they will fit.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Doug H said:
Okay, all on line part catalogs list these pipes for the R and S only except for Dennis Kirk who says they'll fit a C model, same part number.

Anyone have experience with this? Also, my local Honda dealer called Parts Unlimited tech center and they state they will fit a C.

Anyone know for sure if the exhaust mounting points are the same on a C as they are on the R/S?

These are expensive an I do not want to order them based on someone saying they think they will fit.

Thanks for your help!
There are two considerations when installing an exhaust from an R to a C or the other way around.

First,

Do the new pipes come w/ their own lower exhaust mounting bracket? If so, the new bracket is universal and will work for either. If you still use the stock bracket and the exhaust company as made an adapter for your model, you could still get them to work by purchasing a lower bracket for the bike the pipes were originally designed for.

Second,

Is there any conflict w/ the front header pipe and the location of the stock right foot control. Remember the C model has pegs and the R has boards.

Now having said all of this. Cobra has two different part numbers for their Drag pipes. However, my C model drag pipes fit perfectly on a Retro. Cobra uses their own lower mounting bracket and the front header pipe had no clearance issues.

Sorry for such a long post and no definitive answer, but maybe some of this information will assist you in your quest.

Or you could just put the sweetest pipe ever made for the VTX 1300 on your bike.

H&K Sideburner!!!!

·
Registered
804 Posts
good luck with your pipes

I love the sound of mine and you don't see many of them around, but there are a couple of things I'm not happy with. First, the discoloration of the pipe as it passes closest to the rear brake rotor, you wouldn't see it if I didn't point it out (covered by my bags) but it is a definite browning of the chrome. Second, the serated heat shields, while they look great on a retro, are inefficient as heat shields. Your right leg will feel the heat, much more than stock.
Installation is straight forward, don't skip any steps, get the alignment right first, make sure to get new crush gaskets, there is a part number on an earlier thread that you can match at O'Reillys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts