Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a simple question(s)........anybody have Roadhouse Classic 2 into 1 pipes on their 1800N or R? Did you have any fitment issues to overcome? The reason for my asking is.......a few years ago I installed a set of these pipes on a Boulevard C50. There were clearance issues with the floorboards and brake rod alignment issues to overcome. I got the pipes and serrated shields on cleanly after some serious coaxing. They were nice sounding and good looking pipes. Just want to know what I'm in for if I put them on the 1800N.

Thanks,
DT

·
Registered
186 Posts
DT,

I mounted them on my '02 Retro a few years ago and I had no clearance issues or any real installation problems, however, I opted for the Smooth Heat Shields.

About a year later I read that Roadhouse made some minor design changes to standardize some of their pipe bends and reduce the number of SKUs. Some who tried to install this new version on Retros had clearance problems with the footboard mounting bracket. Roadhouse Customer Service advised those with fitment issues to add spacer shims on the footboard bracket to gain the necessary clearance. As far as I am concerned that is unacceptable and the pipes should fit properly without having to modify the bike!

That said, Roadhouse pipes do take some finesse and plumbing skill to get them installed, aligned and sealed properly.

Carefully dry-fit all the components on the bike first before you start sealing all the slip joints with High Temp RTV Exhaust Sealant. Mark or tape the edges of the slip joints to assure proper alignment when you do the final assembly.

Hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts