Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
those who've got 'em...

...notice any difference in Performance...good or bad?

ThanX!
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I get some decel pop, performance wise it seems to have a tad more power but that may be the effect of getting on it more because of the great sound :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
841 Posts
I can put the throttle lock on and cruise down the freeway hands-free, now! (A LOT lighter on the right side.) I dynoed before and after, and had a modest performance gain in peak HP and torque, as well as a "fatter" mid-range torque curve. Keep in mind that I had also added an airbox - it's doubtful that the improvement came only from the pipes.

Like Joe, I bought the pipes for the increase in eye-pleasure performance!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah...liked the look and sound...just looking for the right pipes to compliment the new...hee hee...dare I say it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
841 Posts
XXX-NH said:
yeah...liked the look and sound...just looking for the right pipes to compliment the new...hee hee...dare I say it...
GO AHEAD!! SAY IT!!! The new P4...one thing I'd be pretty sure of, you will be the first and maybe only RHClassic/P4 Retro out there. RH slip-ons with P4s, but no Classics with one that I know of.

Now this is ONLY MY opinion, but I don't think the RHClassic meshes too well with the P4 (The biggest reason I haven't considered one myself.) I kind of like the look of duals like V&H or Jardines to match the twin inlets of the P4.

...but I wouldn't mind being wrong. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that is EXACTLY what I was thinking!!!

I had decided to go with the Classics paired w/ S&S style Thunder intake...then Pete pulled thru...couldn't resist!!!

Now I am re-thinking the exhaust...liked the look of the Cobra angled slash cuts like he runs...but no crossover or baffels...I hear QUITE loud!!

So, now I am leaning toward the V&H (performance, looks, price, etc.) But, really did not want to go that way...

Sigh...the CHOICES!!!
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
3D said:
XXX-NH said:
yeah...liked the look and sound...just looking for the right pipes to compliment the new...hee hee...dare I say it...
GO AHEAD!! SAY IT!!! The new P4...one thing I'd be pretty sure of, you will be the first and maybe only RHClassic/P4 Retro out there. RH slip-ons with P4s, but no Classics with one that I know of.

Now this is ONLY MY opinion, but I don't think the RHClassic meshes too well with the P4 (The biggest reason I haven't considered one myself.) I kind of like the look of duals like V&H or Jardines to match the twin inlets of the P4.

...but I wouldn't mind being wrong. :wink:
Exactly Dan!
I have been waiting and thinking what would look more RETRO for an air cleaner. I am going to look at a milling machine this weekend cause I cant stand not being able to make my own parts :lol:

I am thinking old style Indian air cleaner but I need an adapter first.

How is the light project coming along if I may ask?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
roadhouse retros

I ve got the RHs on my 02retro w/ P3..dyno'd after playin w/mapping..eats fat boys 4 fun..in fact rt at Daytona on the dyno drags we were slayin hardlys..my printout claims 97hp/113ft lbs @ the wheel...plus i can swap the slip-ons back to stock in an hour when the new exhaust laws take effect.ck the NHVTX 4 more info bro. XnNH... 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
841 Posts
VTXSCOOTER said:
Exactly Dan!
I have been waiting and thinking what would look more RETRO for an air cleaner. I am going to look at a milling machine this weekend cause I cant stand not being able to make my own parts :lol:

I am thinking old style Indian air cleaner but I need an adapter first.

How is the light project coming along if I may ask?
Indian made some of their retro-style covers when they were running on the S&S in their most recent iteration. I'm thinking that since they were S&S, they were also Harley compatible, and since Hal sells the Harley adapter...

Hmmm?

About the lights...ssshhh...my wife might be listening. I'm going to have to tackle some room repainting and putting down a wood floor to tide things over with the wife, but I'm looking at June...just before the Coloradical!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,389 Posts
XXX-NH said:
those who've got 'em...

...notice any difference in Performance...good or bad?

ThanX!
Got 'em and love 'em. Sound is nice deep rumble, not too loud and (along with a TFi) runs like a scalded ape! :lol:
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top