Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
ShowTime56 said:
Well I am going to tell you what about your club. You guys will be about the only members in it....................................! :shock:

I have been waiting for a set of those to come to my home since early March this year! Seems like its all a bunch of BS with these pipes and the availability of them....................March :twisted:

Show
I know what you mean. I waited three months for mine :evil: . Worth it when they finally got here 8) . I got mine from Phat Performance and after a bunch of emails and calls I thought I was getting the run around. Finally called Tony at Roadhouse, bottom line was that they were not making them in quantities for different vendors to stock, kind of on an as ordered basis.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
fev1969 said:
pweg33 said:
They need to offer them for the C model.
I dont know why the wouldn't fit the C.......the stock pipes are interchangable as long as you switch the exhaust bracket??
I'm not sure if they would fit. The tolerances are very close and the left pipe bracket mounts at the left passenger peg bracket. Maybe yes, maybe no.....

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
REALLY nice looking, all you Dooley guys!!! !st time I saw a Retro, I thought to myself, "Man, that'd be perfect if it had duallies!!!" :)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I dont know why the wouldn't fit the C.......the stock pipes are interchangable as long as you switch the exhaust bracket??
Yeah, I was thinking the only difference is the exhaust bracket. I might need to make a bracket that will work for the C model. For $800.00 the exhaust should bolt direclty to the bike. I believe the passenger footrest are in the same place on the C as the R and S models.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
on my DREAM list of mods just need to break my stainless steel muzzys lol.

can someone get a pic of the bike from the REAR END held straight up?

would appreciate it, if you had a 1/2 or 100% naked hot chick holding your bike that might be good also :twisted:

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
pweg33 said:
Yeah, I was thinking the only difference is the exhaust bracket. I might need to make a bracket that will work for the C model. For $800.00 the exhaust should bolt direclty to the bike. I believe the passenger footrest are in the same place on the C as the R and S models.
Or maybe see if you could get a R bracket.....I don't know if they use the stock bracket anyway thats something the R guy's could answere, my K2's came with a bracket........also, viking has the duellys for $728

http://www.ridevmc.com/Itemdesc.asp?ic=18100937&eq=&Tp=

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
fev1969 said:
pweg33 said:
Or maybe see if you could get a R bracket.....I don't know if they use the stock bracket anyway thats something the R guy's could answere, my K2's came with a bracket........also, viking has the duellys for $728

http://www.ridevmc.com/Itemdesc.asp?ic=18100937&eq=&Tp=

Yes on an R or S, you use the stock exhaust bracket, the pipes come with a bracket that bolts to it on the right side. On the left side is a bracket that clamps around the stock rear foot peg socket.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Since Honda isn't coming out with a new Goldwing in '08, I guess I can spend a little more money on my VTX. Was wondering if I could see some more pictures of your duallies.

Do you guys have to remove the exhaust to remove your rear tire?'
Was the install of the pipes very difficult?
The pipes look low, have you scraped yours yet?
Do you like the sound, and what baffles / tips do you have?

Thanks........... :D

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have the 2 into 1 that they said would fit my c. I do not have dooleys. The stock exhaust bracket on the C does not match up to the muffler mount on the roadhouse. I had to modify / manufacture a bracket to make them fit. A few bucks at home depot and a drill bit for metal did the trick.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
billybear said:
Ok just put the new dooleys on my wifes bike and now she needs to use her hand to put down the kickstand anyone having this. Or did I not adjust them right
P.S. She loves them the look and sound

Billybear

You have them adjusted right. I had the same problem and bought a kickstand extension. You can get one at pretty much any motorcycle shop. I got mine from ebay. Mine is a lot like this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Kick ... 0161437229

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Those are some sharp looking Pipes!!!

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
They look really good, and I like the idea, but they do look very low, and how is it with the ignition key on the left, is it really close, hand burning time?, and they look really wide, im up in the air here, I would really love one pipe down each side, but I love the way my V&H pipes hide the swing arm. Could someone put up a close up pic of the left side please. Thanks guys, and ladys.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
billybear said:
Ok thanks just what I am work for did you need to drill your kickstand to install it Billybear
Yes, I did drill my stand, very easy to do though. Start out with a pilot hole then go to proper size.

21 - 40 of 293 Posts