Honda VTX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Reaper said:
They look really good, and I like the idea, but they do look very low, and how is it with the ignition key on the left, is it really close, hand burning time?, and they look really wide, im up in the air here, I would really love one pipe down each side, but I love the way my V&H pipes hide the swing arm. Could someone put up a close up pic of the left side please. Thanks guys, and ladys.
I haven't really had any hand burning issues, however, I do pay attention and make sure of where I put my hand when turning the key. It's actually farther away from the left pipe than the picture makes it appear to be. I don't have any closer pics of the left side with me, but, i'll post some when I get home Tuesday.

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
slick_rick said:
Reaper said:
They look really good, and I like the idea, but they do look very low, and how is it with the ignition key on the left, is it really close, hand burning time?, and they look really wide, im up in the air here, I would really love one pipe down each side, but I love the way my V&H pipes hide the swing arm. Could someone put up a close up pic of the left side please. Thanks guys, and ladys.
I haven't really had any hand burning issues, however, I do pay attention and make sure of where I put my hand when turning the key. It's actually farther away from the left pipe than the picture makes it appear to be. I don't have any closer pics of the left side with me, but, i'll post some when I get home Tuesday.

Thanks bro, I really love this idea, and for the money, I would just like to see as much of it as posible before buying new pipes.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Are they quiet enough to pass the police test if they get serious about enforcement? Somebody needs to make a sound bite. I'de like some straight tips. I hope I don't like the sound, be cheaper that way. Who needs some sideburners?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
slick_rick said:
Reaper said:
As promised

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Reaper said:
slick_rick said:

Thanks bro, they really are not as close as I though, they are very low, have you hit them at all turning? Thanks agin, thats exactly what I wanted to see.
Nope haven't hit them yet. FYI with the bike standing straight up, it is 5 1/2" to the bottom of the Cadillac tip and 8" to the bottom of the muffler. I have a set of slash cut tips also and they are the same diameter as the muffler. Hope this helps. Don't have any way to make a sound clip, but, they sound awesome. I took the baffles out one day and they sound even better, but, put them back in because they are not double wall pipes and I didn't EVEN want to take a chance of blueing a set of $$$$$ pipes.

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
slick_rick said:
Reaper said:
[quote="slick_rick":2e9lyvb6]

Thanks bro, they really are not as close as I though, they are very low, have you hit them at all turning? Thanks agin, thats exactly what I wanted to see.
Nope haven't hit them yet. FYI with the bike standing straight up, it is 5 1/2" to the bottom of the Cadillac tip and 8" to the bottom of the muffler. I have a set of slash cut tips also and they are the same diameter as the muffler. Hope this helps. Don't have any way to make a sound clip, but, they sound awesome. I took the baffles out one day and they sound even better, but, put them back in because they are not double wall pipes and I didn't EVEN want to take a chance of blueing a set of $$$$$ pipes.[/quote:2e9lyvb6]

Thanks bro, yep it all helps. I looked closer at the pics, and I think they seem low to me, just because im not used to the pipes being so long, as in under the fender. I looke at my V&H pipes, and my bottom pipe seems very close to the same, cant check it this second, its at the dealer getting the valves adjusted, I will look tomorrow night. They really make the bike look alot more semetrical, and very good.

Mountain Flier, your pipes have different tips in the pics. Very cool, I would love to have some different tips to pick from, on the Retro, the V&H dont have that. Thanks to you all for this post and the pics.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Roadhouse support is non-exisitent.

I have been trying to put these on my F for over two weeks. The rear master cylinder is in the way. Roadhouse swears they fit, that is if they ever answer the phone. We have mailed two sets of pictures to them.

They are not getting back to us now...

Has anyone installed these on a F model?

·
Registered
39 Posts
PLEASE HELP ! Dooley's on a F model

I have been trying in vain to install the Roadhouse Dooley's on my F model for over two weeks. The rear brake master cylinder is in the way of bolting it back together.

Roadhouse support is non-exisitent. Why will they not answer their phone?

Has anyone put these pipes on a F model?

Does anyone know anybody at Roadhouse that I can call for help?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yup, Roadhouse support sucks.

I put the Dooley's on my 1300S, and had a leak. It turned out that the header pipe flanges were .050" larger in diameter than stock, so they wouldn't fit all the way into the cylinder head. Repeated calls to Roadhouse went unanswered. I finally ground them down with a Dremel and they fit fine.

Two months later, bought a set of Classic 2-into-1 for the girlfriend's Vulcan 900. Came without instructions. Called Roadhouse, actually got someone, but they never did send me the instructions, despite me giving them both email and fax. Finally installed without the instructions.

They seem to make money despite their best efforts not to!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I had no problems at all with Roadhouse support. They replaced an incorrect part and worked with me through the install, including faxing me a new set of installation instructions. Tony is good to work with.

·
Registered
39 Posts
thanks for the contact. I will try again tomorrow and ask for Tony.

I tried all day yesterday, and today without success.

No one answers the phone...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Finally got through to Tony after several days of trying. He says they have had no problem installing their dooley's on a F model. Hmm, well they don't fit. He said send him the header pipe and he would check it out, however he did say that he was not sure if they would be there or not? Hmmm, they are having real issues there. i have a friend who lives in Hollywood and he is going by there shop with my header pipe on Friday to check the boys out. Story to continue...

·
Registered
103 Posts
DOOLIES

Greetings to all you fellow doolieers. I love the doolies and even after 7 beers and a bottle of asprin installing them, I still think they are terrific. I had some problems with the crossover pipe and front headpipe. Also the taper on the tips was cut at different angles. I sent him a picture and they sent new ones along with a new crossover pipe. Some of the mis-communication could be due to the fact that in June/July, Roadhouse experienced what Tony described as a unbelievable tragedy at the company. Possibly they are still dealing with the effects of that incident, whatever it was. I am satisfied with the service and Tony's handling of my situation under what was a very trying time for them.
Ride safe

41 - 60 of 293 Posts