Honda VTX Forum banner

81 - 100 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Those are nice looking but I still think the best looking VTX exhaust is the oem C exhaust.

Thats what Im putting on my S bagger.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
My promise shipment date is today. We'll see how well the new ownership does with promise dates.

I'm really not in a hurry because it's ski season, and I'll be somewhere up in the Colorado mountains for the next week.

But.... I will however, need them before the end of March.

:D :D

·
Registered
949 Posts
Mountain Flier said:
KW7DSP said:
Now they are out of business. Grrrr.
Are you sure about that? I talked to them about a month ago and they were scaling back up to full production. Have you called them lately?
I have heard the same thing. That's why I didn't order a set of Fishtails for my Venture. They're about 35 miles from my house. I should just go over and check them out in person.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
debelt said:
Mountain Flier said:
KW7DSP said:
Now they are out of business. Grrrr.
Are you sure about that? I talked to them about a month ago and they were scaling back up to full production. Have you called them lately?
I have heard the same thing. That's why I didn't order a set of Fishtails for my Venture. They're about 35 miles from my house. I should just go over and check them out in person.
Let us know what you find out. I believe MotorWorks took them over. Hopefully, they've got things under control.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Just checked their site and they show 2 different model numbers. 1 for the 1800 R and the other just says vtx1800, they also have the model number for the 1300's

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I ordered my dooleys from HDL and had a delivery date of Jan 21. Yesterday, I found out that I may have to wait two more months before I get them.

Sure am glad that I ordered them when I did. Hopefully, they'll honor the March 21 date. Summer is coming.......... :D

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
What no one is telling you is that at times you will fry your nuts! Its nice when the temp drops but on a hot day watch out, no more wearing shorts for a quick trip. Anyone know of a heat shield for the X? HD makes one but it won't fit the X

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Rickie said:
I ordered my dooleys from HDL and had a delivery date of Jan 21. Yesterday, I found out that I may have to wait two more months before I get them.

Sure am glad that I ordered them when I did. Hopefully, they'll honor the March 21 date. Summer is coming.......... :D
Unfortunately, they make pipes to order, so you might have to wait for yours. I know I had to wait 90 days for mine, but they're worth it!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Man, thems some sweet looking pipes.

Now I'm torn, those or the Sideburners. I still haven't bought any new pipes and I'm riding on the Clayton Mod. I was drooling over the Sideburners but this just made that choice a bit more difficult.

Thanks for the pics guys, they look awesome!

G

·
0 Posts
question

ive seen these adverised, is left side a fake? or is it true duals if it is it must be tight wonderd this for a while.... guess i should read post first oops

G

·
0 Posts
GAgirlTRIXIE said:

I've had my Dooley's since last may. I love them! I'm not into extremely loud (my hubby has Sideburners on his Neo- they're way too loud for me), but I do like to be heard when I hit the throttle. These do exactly that. My hubby put the pipes on. It was tough, but not impossible. The right floorboard had to relocated, and it scrapes on the slightest turns....Living here in the flat lands, I kinda like that... feel like I'm at The Dragon... ;)
I am considering the dooley for my 2005 Neo. Did you order specifically for Neo or do you order the R and they are supposed to fit?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Can anyone tell me if on the 1800, is there a need for a heat shield, for the water line coming from the rear jug. The cross over pipe looks to be right up against the rubber hose.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Funny I just noticed this thread today, we were talking about them yesterday here at work, I agree, they need to offer them for a C, I run bags on mine, and would look sic with a set of duals on it!!

81 - 100 of 293 Posts