Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am woundering if I should buy the PCIII or another type of fuel regulator after installing the Roadhouse shorty's and the K&N air intake kit on my 07 VTX 1800 C. I am looking to see if someone has a simliar setup to speak to these changes. I realize adding the fuel reg will provide the best results but is it worth it? How noticeable is the difference?

Thanks a ton!

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
I am running the shorty and KandN filter and get 38 mpg.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
On my 2002 1800C, I run the Road House Shorty and a Hypercharger Pro... I also have the Cobra FI2000 installed... When on long trips down to the Blue Ridge Parkway I have seen as high as 51 MPG on a tank and as low as 45. A lot of the guys running the FI2000 set at 2-0-0 are getting good results. The PCIII must be mapped and ends up costing too much for me for the benefits advertised. the stock ECM is already tuned a bit rich and you really only need more fuel on the one end. I am very happy with my current set up. Plenty of power and no less than 30 mpg around town.

8)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
any second now Chicago Spike should be chiming in with his standard response - not needed but you might prefer. and then reference to Tapper's semi-lengthy but excellent missive on the subject. Bottom line: not necessary but you might want possible performance benefits. Gas mileage may or may not benefit - lotsa variables with that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts