Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had to repack their roadhouse slipon mufflers. My upper muffler cracked at the inlet pipe weld for the second time.Roadhouse replaced the first one for me and I welded the original for a spare. While installing the spare I had to swap the baffle over and found the packing was partially gone and falling apart so I removed it and threw it away hoping maybe the bike would sound and/or run better. Wrong,it sounds and runs worse. Anyone know where to get this packing or any suggestions would be appreciated.Could not find it on roadhouse website.Thanks

·
Old Goat
26,260 Posts
Man I just got thru reading a series of post about this but I followed so many links I got lost and when I tried to find them for you no luck, maybe the guys will chime in, j&pcycle.com sells the roadhouse baffle kits. Good Luck.

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
Just take some plain old fiberglass insulation and wrap it tight. Secure it w/ masking tape.
Or you can go to the bike shop and get some muffler packing

Last I packed them...I used a 500g bag of this and finished with the fiberglass.
http://www.mooseracing.com/catalog.jsp? ... up_id=4510

I layed about 6 ft. of the fiberglass out (about 1" thick I peeled off a bat), used 1/2 bag of the moose for each muffler on top of the glass (long enough for just 1 turn around the baffle)...then just rolled it up tight and secured it with the masking tape (around in in 3 - 4 places). A cross section would look like baffle, moose, fiberglass. Don't put too much fiberglass or you wont get the baffle back in.

·
Registered
378 Posts
JC Whitney also sells it. You can order it on line.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts