Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meet up with a group of Sunday riders through facebook. They rode to some place called Poopies bar and grill in southern Illinois. Big biker place bar with a tattoo shop inside. Huge bike turn out, live music etc. Good time. If anyone is interested in getting with the group let me know. Seems like a nice bunch.

Link here http://poopys.com/

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I heard too, but I think they didnt expect 70 degree weather and didnt have a lot of staff on. The place was packed and they said it would be 1 1/2 hour for any food order. We didnt want to hang there that long and went to some place called The Iron Horse. They should call it the Fiberglass Horse. They didnt have food so we kept going north and ran into some place called the Shark Shack. They also werent prepaired for the number of bikes but the said they will work us in. Several biker bars in that stretch of road. Was a good time although I didnt get home until 7:30 pm. Froze my butt off once that sun went down.:yikes:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Sounds like a nice ride bigdaddy. Great day.

We go there every year a few times. Great food and tons of bike. Lot of fun.

Right on the Great River road south of Galena on HY 84 town of Savanna IL. It is a full day of riding for sure.

I really like the Iron Horse. Lot of cool old Hill Climbing bikes inside.

Tim & Brenda at the Iron Horse on our way back from J&P Cycle open house a few years ago.

Lot of great motorcycle roads down there. Look for Clay St. in Savanna and ride up the bluff east. Unbelievable roads.

Pic of one of the roads.

On the way back you have to ride to New Diggins. Off of HY 11 On Hy W. Big Motorcycle hang out. Two Bars and no more.

Oh and a church........

Lee

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Yeah been through New Diggings and out to Poopies many times, sure would like to go again, might be some time though if ever.
Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts