Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Old Goat
25,377 Posts
Perhaps u should let someone else ride the bike....u know for a second opinion...kinda hard for these folks to diagnose a rough ride from a keyboard...good luck

Reactions: lofty and rangers4u

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Perhaps u should let someone else ride the bike....u know for a second opinion...kinda hard for these folks to diagnose a rough ride from a keyboard...good luck
yeah it definitely feels like a knot or flat spot that's how bad it is.so bad you couldn't get to 50 mph beat you to death.out off balance tire wouldn't be like that would it? the guy at honda shop said he done both the static and electronic balance on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Take it back to the shop that “balanced” it. Sometimes tires are defective.
Good idea. Have them put those ceramic beads in the tire (if tubeless) as they are superior for balancing and you never need to worry about losing a wheel weight! While at it, if you can find a place that uses nitrogen rather than air-fill the tires with that. The molecule is larger and your tires will not need “baby sat” as much for leaking air.

·
Super Moderator
63,772 Posts
Good idea. Have them put those ceramic beads in the tire (if tubeless) as they are superior for balancing and you never need to worry about losing a wheel weight! While at it, if you can find a place that uses nitrogen rather than air-fill the tires with that. The molecule is larger and your tires will not need “baby sat” as much for leaking air.
This, is a very bad and dangerous habit to get into. "Bahhh, I don't have to check my pressures, I put nitrogen in my tires! " You have 2 tiny contact patches with the pavement on a bike. You should be checking those pressures weekly at the very least.

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
This, is a very bad and dangerous habit to get into. "Bahhh, I don't have to check my pressures, I put nitrogen in my tires! " You have 2 tiny contact patches with the pavement on a bike. You should be checking those pressures weekly at the very least.
++++++++++++++++1,000,000,000,000++++++++++++++++

100 years prove.. check your air pressure before every ride... I DO,,,, 51 years of riding.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is it vibrating as in unbalanced or rough like a Harley hardtail? Feel every tiny bump or butt shaking cyclical vibe?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts