Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This spring/summer I plan to ride Route 30 from Chicago east to the end of the highway. Anyone know of some maps, Garmin GPS routes,etc. I could get to help make the trip without getting lost too many times. But, some of the best trips I made were when I was lost. I will be in no hurry to get anywhere at any specific time. Plan to stop along the way to visit the attractions when I come upon any.

·
Registered
6,321 Posts
First welcome to the board:grin:

Also go to the Illinois board and the WIVO:S from there can help you get the ball rollingnojoke

·
Registered
206 Posts
My wife is a travel agent, she could probably get something together that would include different stops and things to see along the way, she could also route you around contruction areas. Let me know if you need anything else.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
VTXROSA: I could not reply to your PM because I do not have 5 posts yet. I plan on going as far as Trenton, NJ for sure. New York traffic is too scarry on a motorcycle for me. Rt 30 goes into New York City where it begins on the east coast. But who knows?

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Rt 30 which runs east through Pa. Goes through my area. Goes south of Philly, and down to Atlantic City. If you want to meet up. I have some nice route through south central Pa. and southern part of NJ.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought that when arriving at Philadelphia, the old original Rt 30 turns into Rt 1/9 to New York. I am not sure when I will make the trip but probably late June or early July.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
I thought that when arriving at Philadelphia, the old original Rt 30 turns into Rt 1/9 to New York. I am not sure when I will make the trip but probably late June or early July.
Rt 30 is a nice route through the southern part of Pa. until you get east of Gettysburg. You have to deal with Lancaster, York, and other small busy towns. When I go to Ocean City to visit my family there I take Rt 41 to the southeastern corner of Pa. Below Philly and either take Rt 30, 49, 40, or 55. down to the southern part of NJ. Look me up if you want a riding bud. :cool:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just saw a show on the Lincoln Highway and was impressed. they have all kinds of info and maps.
Being from Southern IL RT66 is really close and a great ride.

Lincoln Highway Association Illinois Chapter
google Lincoln Highway

·
Registered
387 Posts
trip

I've been thinking of that ride for a couple of years as I retire on May 29 ( as long as no snow days) I'm leaving that day or the next
PLan to head east to visit the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton and the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown as for anywhere else who knows
More than welcome to join me

johnn b

·
Registered
387 Posts
ride

Well we had to take a day off for a broken water main so now it's plan b so to speak heading up the Mississippi on June 3 then around the lake and home on the 7th so heading east to the Hall's will be a bit later Hey I'm retired I can go anytime just give a shout
johnny b

1 - 13 of 13 Posts