Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried Royal Purple 10W40 synthetic oil. I'm thinking of trying in my 1300S.
Thanks,
capt42

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
I wouldn't use it ! !...may make the engine last too long... :wink:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Royal Purple

LOL !!! I've been using Mobil MX4T, and am considering going to the Royal Purple due to the coat difference and availability, Mobil MX4T ($7.00 qt ) Royal Purple 10W40 ($5.99 qt). I'm just trying to see if other people have tried Royal Purple, and their opinions of it.
capt42a

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Royal Purple is a good oil . I don't know however how many miles you can safely run it but I would guess 6000 miles. Amsoil will go 8000 and the old Mobil 1 will go 6000 . Use good oil and air filters and a top grade synthetic oil and this bike will last for 100s of thousands of miles.

G

·
0 Posts
Re: Royal Purple

capt42a said:
LOL !!! I've been using Mobil MX4T, and am considering going to the Royal Purple due to the coat difference and availability, Mobil MX4T ($7.00 qt ) Royal Purple 10W40 ($5.99 qt). I'm just trying to see if other people have tried Royal Purple, and their opinions of it.
capt42a
i've been using amsoil...i like it alot but the availability isnt as easy as the local auto parts, for me. I've seen the "Purple" at napa auto parts and thought about it..i've read it is really good stuff too......my guess all synthetics (that are motorcycle compatible) are better than ol' dino oil.

i know mine seems alot smoother now on shifting...quieter motor and even seems more responsive.

i think any of these would do the x well.

texascruzer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts