Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As VTX 1300 'S' owners know the choice of front tires is pretty slim.

So my question is; has anyone tried running a rear tire on the front?

Sorry I didn't even come close to making myself clear. I did not mean to ask has anyone tried to install a 15" wheel/tire combo on the front of a VTX 1300 "S."

So I will restate the question...

Has anyone tried fitting a 140/80-17 or 130/90/17 tire, that is specified for rear use, on the front of a VTX 1300 "S"?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Wont fit...

·
Registered
36 Posts
There was a guy on ebay who did it, a little different then just putting the tire on the front rim.

This guy put an 1800C rim on the rear, doing the bigger tire mod. He then took the rear stock 1300C rim and had it put on the front, and had special machined endcaps made for where the rear shaftdrive hub connects. I wish I had saved a pic of it, it looked awesome, very Exile Cycle.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Man if i could put my 240 on the front i bet that would draw some looks LOL :D

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EPE_79 said:
Man if i could put my 240 on the front i bet that would draw some looks LOL :D
If it will fit between the forks, the only thing standing in your way is $$$$$.

As it is now, a "S" model VTX could easily go that route.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Ya i was only kidding :D bout the 240 front thing i'm pretty nuts but not that nuts

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
I asked this a while ago and the responses I got where you don’t want to run a tire made for the rear of the bike on the front. Has to do with the shape of the tire, being safety minded I heeded their advice and stopped looking at them as an alternative. But I did get at least one reply about using radials with tubes, at least the tires would be made for there location, but you’d have to run radials front and back I would guess, find someone that would mount them with tubes (not supposed to do it I guess).

G

·
0 Posts
Has anyone tried going up or down one tire size to use a different brand of tire?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts