Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Yes sir. Mine is seized closed. Possible reason of not running correctly? I've soaked if for 24hrs and still will not pull out.
I never use mine just twist the throttle 3 or 4 times before starting and then twist it rapidly a few times to keep it running, will idle fine after 15-30 seconds

·
Registered
12,629 Posts
The OEM low speed jet #55 is lean, some have installed a #58 jet and no longer use the SE.
Some have removed the cable from the SE, some installed a stronger spring to
hold it closed. It may have been modded to stay closed.
I use the SE on every cold start...

·
Registered
947 Posts
If you tuned your bike, you should be able to warm up the bike and ride without the choke (enricher). I removed mine from my bike. I put a stiffer spring to keep it closed.

Ace hardware replacement (stiffer spring than OEM):

Where the spring goes. I disassembled this, and put the lower plastic piece that touches the spring and the spring back.

This is the reason I removed it. I snapped the plastic bolt, and the option was to replace the broken piece, or remove it. Since I never use it, I opted for removing it:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
If you tuned your bike, you should be able to warm up the bike and ride without the choke (enricher). I removed mine from my bike. I put a stiffer spring to keep it closed.

Ace hardware replacement (stiffer spring than OEM):

Where the spring goes. I disassembled this, and put the lower plastic piece that touches the spring and the spring back.

This is the reason I removed it. I snapped the plastic bolt, and the option was to replace the broken piece, or remove it. Since I never use it, I opted for removing it:
Mine is seized in the carb been soaking for 24 hours it is fully closed. I'm going to let it ride? Heating it and all won't break it loose.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Mine is seized in the carb been soaking for 24 hours it is fully closed. I'm going to let it ride? Heating it and all won't break it loose.
I'd get a throttle lock if you're going to get rid of the choke, lock it in at 1100 rpm for a couple-three minutes to warm the bike up. Sure beats holding the throttle.
That or have to reach for the idle adjustment knob below regularly (PITA). I'd get a throttle lock anyway, they're nice to have.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
She runs! Beautiful! Did the carb heater delete replaced all vaccum lines, and cleaned the carb again. Took for test ride, hits 140 quick! Why did I let it sit for 4 years. 🤣

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
She runs! Beautiful! Did the carb heater delete replaced all vaccum lines, and cleaned the carb again. Took for test ride, hits 140 quick! Why did I let it sit for 4 years. 🤣
You've accomplished more than many, Congrats! Ride Brother.

I rode today, rode the chit out of it for 4 hrs, talked to 3-4 different groups of people at 4 locations.
i better watch out or the Law is going to lose their patients with me....seriously 😃

Counter steering in the twistys while giving it throttle, compressing the suspension ... 😁

Ride safe

21 - 27 of 27 Posts