Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that I'm starting to get a little rust inside some of my hex head bolts(dash,forks). How do I clean these up, and how/what can I put on them to keep them from rusting further?
It's an '04 1300C, and I want to keep it looking great for a long while.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Clean them up with steel wool and coat the inside with chrome nail polish. Works very good.

·
Super Moderator
63,763 Posts
2 ways, push in caps like "Hot Spots" by Kuryakyn, or chrome nail polish. I use the nail polish on the big axle hex head before I do a show(they mark points off if they see rust) 8)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chrome nail polish it is!

There is a story behind the beagle......
Last October 31 (Halloween!) I was on a ride with a group of 6 other bikes, and I was the #2 bike in the group. We were doing about 40-45MPH down a 2 lane country road when I noticed a dog shooting out from a soybean field right in front of my bike. I hardly had time to react, the front tire hit him hard and went over him, but he caught the rear tire and caused the bike to flip out from under me. My wife went flying over me, and I rode the bike down on it's side for about 30 yards. My wife banged up her knee, and I had a severe case of road rash on my left arm, but we both lived to ride another day!
The dog was not as fortunate.
We were in Illinois, but we ALWAYS wear our helmets. My helmet took severe damage....helmets can be replaced!
A friend that was with us gave me the beagle.....We call this picture 'Beagle's Revenge'

Jim

·
Registered
655 Posts
Great Story...

Wow...what a story...too bad about the dog.

I was just curious as to where I could purchase the little guy...

As you can see...we are Beagle owners...which is why we were interested in the statue.

Not to get away from the reason of the forum...oh Yeah...

My VTX runs like a Beagle...loud and never stops... :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts