Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2front rims for an 1800-C. One has a Metzler on it that's in pretty good shape.
I also have a stock rear rim that was modified by Kosman Specialties. It's now an 18x8.5
I'm moving and don't want to take them with me. Any offer (within reason) won't be refused.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, I had over 40 gawks and no takers. I didn't think $10-$20 for a rim with some decent rubber on it was too outrageous (doesn't hurt to have a spare when you accidentally hit that pothole an bend one).
2 of them are polished an are coated with a layer of dust at this point. I'm leaving the 28. If nobody wants them I'm tossing them in the recycle bin.
If you want pictures I'll try to post some, Just way too busy packing my house up.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Only "C" riders will consider contacting you. The rest of us can ONLY gawk!

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
What SeaSteve said!!!!! I'd take them off your hands, but wouldn't do my "T" any good....

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My apologies. I though my memory was that all the 1800 VTX models (except the F model) had the same size rims. I've known riders with the R model to use C model rims because they hated cleaning spokes. That said, I assumed they were interchangeable.
By no means was I trying to point a finger or annoy anyone. I also don't have any issues tossing them in the recycle bin. I just figured if they could be used by another VTX owner, then at least someone would get some use out of them. I guess I also assumed they had more than one purpose...
Last time I was in Sturgis, I saw an 1800-C with a trailer behind it with matching rims. . I thought it was pretty slick. Then again, my opinions differ a bit from most. This is why I've been a VTXOA member for over a decade and still not hit 500 posts.
So when I leave I'll toss then in my recycle bin. If anyone wants to go bin diving, I'll post my address.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts