Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Santa was good to me and left me a few bucks for my bike. I'm trying to decide which way to go - actual cruise control (AudioVox) or throttle lock. I have read alot about BreakAway and Madco Cam-Lock, but haven't seen too much on the SAC Cruise Control Grips. Does anyone have the SAC and how do you like them?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have the SAC grips with their cruise control on my V2K. Stick with Madco if you go for a throttle lock.

SAC makes very nice grips. I have them on both bikes. Madco didn't have a Camloc that fit my V2K at the time, so I went with the SAC cruise control.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks vtxpylut. I am leaning towards the Madco Cam-Lock and replacing the stock grips with Kuryakyns.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I dont own them,but friend has the break away.If i were to get one it would be the break away,you can adjust the throttle ,and if you brake it disengages.It has more then just one away to disengage it.(break,lever,and just push throttle up) I think its the safest out there but is 199.00 good luck with what ever you choose.

·
Lady Rider
4,246 Posts
I have the madco with no complaints. You adjust it after you put it on, so in an emergency, all you do is counter twist the grip and it lets go. I also have Kury iso grips with throttle bosses and helmet locks. I like the setup but wish there was more of a variety. Seems like everyone has the same thing. I perosnally like the twisted grips and would go with this if I changed out, just would have to come up with an answer to helmet lock. There are options out there, but these with the camlock would be awesome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts