Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took a nice long ride today on the 1300, summer is ending and it will be time to put er down for the winter soon.
good for you folks that live in the warmer climates and can ride all year....im jealous:thumbup:

these vtx are truly great bikes, best bike i have ever had!!! so far...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes it is but i know time is short....fall riding is pretty awesome!!
i should be good for october and maybe some of november.

·
Registered
27,805 Posts
For the past week or so, temps have been all over. Lo 70s, yesterday hi 60s, this weekend forecast is calling for mid 80s.
It's getting dark earlier, and as the sun goes down it gets pretty chilly.

Autumn is great riding. Cool crisp air, after the heat & humidity of summer, leaves changing color, the aroma of wood smoke from stoves & fireplaces in the air.

·
Old Goat
24,827 Posts
I’m looking forward to getting my sight back so I too can enjoy the fall colors/riding....I like the smell of wood smoke on a frosty day...cruising the country 2-lanes....dont take life for granted and stay safe....:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
390 Posts
No more triple digits! You can ride all year around here but now it is getting sweet.

For the rest of you . . hunker down and put on the fat. That's why God made the 1800 to move all that blubber around come spring.

>:)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Didn't ride much this summer My wife fell and broke her foot i have my granddaughter every day so my daughter could go back to work and not leave her at a day care center also this time of year going into the deer rut i don't ride got slammed my a buck going after a doe years ago

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
It does get cold extremes here, but it doesn't last long. There's almost always at least a few days or more of dry roads in the coldest months. Ill ride close to home anytime the temperature is above single digit and roads are dry. If the temperature is 20 or higher Ill ride almost anywhere.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Unlike most people we will retiring north (UP Michigan) because heat and especially humidity just drain the life out of me.

Spring and fall are my favorite seasons in chicago area.

·
Registered
763 Posts
As always guys, I seem to be swimming against the tide on this site, as here in the down under world we are into spring and the good weather is arriving. I have arranged with my work to have every Wednesday off to ride with the twenty or so friends who meet weekly to ride. Lose a days pay but it is an easy trade off for a summer of good times and more time on my bike. Life is short, live for today.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I remember when I lived up north, we would put the bikes away around 30F. Too cold to ride. Then as soon as the snow and ice melted in the spring, we'd start having fun again.
Now that I live in TX, summer is hard but winters are great for riding. :)
Whenever you can, wherever you can. Just ride!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I ride year around.

Last winter, there was not a period of more than 2-3 weeks that I could not ride.

I will ride as long as it is reasonably dry and not storming. I have gotten caught in the rain a few times, but I carry gear for that.

I prefer it to be above 45 degrees and that is not hard to achieve here in Kentucky.

·
Super Moderator
6,370 Posts
I don't ride all year here in Colorado, but the cooler fall weather allows me to do my best riding.
For the past week or so, temps have been all over. Lo 70s, yesterday hi 60s, this weekend forecast is calling for mid 80s.
It's getting dark earlier, and as the sun goes down it gets pretty chilly.
Autumn is great riding. Cool crisp air, after the heat & humidity of summer, leaves changing color, the aroma of wood smoke from stoves & fireplaces in the air.
Hurry up October. It's too damn hot.

Gotta agree with all of this. Cool weather riding enables me to dress in good gear without sweating buckets. And while I enjoy Spring and Summer riding in our temperate climate, in the Fall there are far less bugs clean off my helmet, gear, and bike. Best time of year for me too.

Don't pay attention to the changing leaves though, unless they're on the road. Too many deer to watch out for on the backroads that I ride on for fun.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I stop riding as soon as salt hits the ground. Then I start again after there is no more threat of salt, and the old salt has been washed off the roads with lots of rain.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts