Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for input or recommendations on saddlebags for my black 07' VTX 1300R. Would prefer painted to match hardbags (i think) but not sure. Could probably be happy with leather.. Do they sag and get weather worn quickly? Are some mounting setups superior? Are Rakaposhi worth a damn? They seem to look ok and are affordable. I found some made by Champion that looked very nice with the lines of the rear fender but they are pricey (around $1200 online). I imagine you get what you pay for so I might drop the coin if need be... As you can tell, I need help. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
12,797 Posts
Many variables here. Do you ride in the rain? Do you need alot of room? Do you use them alot? Do you want the look of paint matched hard bags? Do you want to be able to remove them quickly? :dontknow:

·
Registered
364 Posts
I been looking myself for a new set. I found these and was wondering if anyone has them?
www.mutazu.com
For each set of MU saddlebags purchased. We'll throw in the mounting kit Free of charge.
* Overall outside Dimensions:
length 22" x Height 14 1/2" x Width 8 1/2"
Due to the irregular shape of the saddlebags, the measurements are measured from the farthest point to the farthest point of the bags. The measurements are approximately measured.
$ 270 Shipping is $60.00
Chrome top rack ( a pair) $58

This is not a 1800r but it looks close to what one would look like. They look big but looking at the Overall outside Dimensions there not really bigger than any other but I don't know way I think they just look big.

But sure aren't $700 or more bucks!

1800N

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Saddle Bag Discussion

To answer your question Dan, I plan on leaving them on with no need to quickly remove. I love the look of the paint matched bags but don't mind the leather look either. I rarely ride in the rain but have on numerous occasions. In my opinion, those blue Champions are the sharpest i've scene yet! My main debate is to wait and save for those or to find a high quality, nice-looking leather set for a 3rd of the price. I've read the Honda OEM's tend to sag?? I wasn't sure if that was common with the leathers. Found a set of Rakaposhi on eBay??? (eBay Item#110392415655)
Not sure if they are worth a damn??

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have LeatherLyke bags on my 1800r. They're really roomy inside. The look of studded leather bags but they're hard. Quick detatch brackets and they slip right off in seconds. Just if you didn't wanna go with the painted bags this is an option. Mine were on the bike when I bought it. I think they may be kinda high end on the price range though.

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
BamBam02,
I had a set of leatherlyke bags cost me around six bills new. I would surely buy the the aftermarket braces mine really made a mess of my shock covers!

·
Registered
77 Posts
BamBam02,
I had a set of leatherlyke bags cost me around six bills new. I would surely buy the the aftermarket braces mine really made a mess of my shock covers!

:agree:Good point. Mine have a little piece of plastic/nylon stuff I don't know what added to the edge where it hits the shock cover. When I remove the bags to detail the bike it wipes off fairly easy. Still if you look closley you see some scratches and a lil marring of the chrome. Probably where it wasn't cleaned often enuff. But what's done is done. Can't complain about the bags other than that. If I ever buy new shocks I will definately add some bracing to prevent that from happening again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts