Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some different pics of saddlebag guards and they seem to mount different. One I saw appears that it turns out and comes out past the shock and then drops straight down and the other one I've seen appears that the front leg of the guard follows the angle of the shock hence making it look like it will only use the angled saddlebags. The bags I like are the Willie & Max Warrior and they hang straight. So if the guard is angled and the bag is straight will the guard stick out past the bag? Also what about the length of the guard itself. I don't want the guard hanging down past the bag and showing. Not being picky, just want a neat and fit appearance. Here are the bags I want.

[/img]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m211/Rockkrawlr/warrior.gif[/img]

·
Old Goat
26,260 Posts
If you post on the 1300 board you most likely will get more responses and you probably wont like em, major consensus is throw overs are a pita(im sure some will argue :lol: ), they also have a tendency to sag, alot of the people who bought em cut off the yoke and permannently mounted them with bolts or easy brackets. Im sure you know throw overs either go over your passenger seat or under and if under it will play hell with your paint. You mentioned you like to go to bike night before you pull the trigger check out as many options as you can I think you will get a more harmonius outcome. I have the kdrive click and lock,they remove easily and I can use them as luggage not you typical looking bag but they work for me. I am currently looking into hard bags if the drivers back rest I ordered doesnt work with my current bags. .02 Good luck on this one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts