Honda VTX Forum banner

Which saddlebags do you have on your bike?

• Boss Bags

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LeatherLykes

• Saddlemen

• Maci51

• Motoleather

• Hondaline

• Beetlebags

• Other (please describe)

• None

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Plain Hondaline bags with the support brackets... love 'em. Lots of room, pretty water tight, actually seriously water tight... only draw back is they're not lockable. Look good though. 8)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Wille and max slant bags with easy brackets. Just LOVE them
BIGK

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Does this bike look like it needs bags :?: no no never :evil:

·
Registered
799 Posts
Bags

These are "Raptors" from Willie and Max. They have the velcro closures. At first I was leary about the velcro, but now I love them. I can get in my bags while still sitting on my bike. Very fast and easy. And they custom covered them to match my seat.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Motoleather Super Reinforced bags

I ordered two sets -- the slant studded bags and the Super Reinforced studded/concho bags. I kept the Super Reinforced bags. They are also made in U.S.A.

http://www.motoleather.com/suremainusas.html

These bags are clones of the BOSS bags (my opinion) are VERY tough and strong, treated for the elements (water). 100% heavy high-quality leather, treated, lockable, rigid back, hidden quick detach under buckles, and proportionally perfect for the style of the retro. My bag quest ended -- thank God!

If someone wants pictures of the bags in detail, PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send them on. (I don't know how to post pics here. Tried, but didn't work.)

·
Registered
670 Posts
K-Drive saddlebags - had to make up spacers to get them to fit with the deluxe backrest. Clip on and lock with a key - really easy on and off and have carry handles on top. They seal well with the 2 straps plus velcro front & rear - never had water in them and have ridden in major storms. Great bags.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I chose none on the poll for now simply because I have none yet. When I can fork out the bucks, which will be soon, it will be Leatherlykes. Want something that looks good on the C model and seals good from the rain, also able to lock up. Like that you can unclip it from the inside and take off easily too.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Saddleman (not currently) but I just ordered them on Monday.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Bags

I have the Saddlemen but I hate the velcro. Not only that but they are ugly to boot. Think I made a mistake in that purchase. Great for travel other than the velcro. Never use them in town or on short runs.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
tourmasters

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Willie and Max, after having the real leathers get stiff from being caught in the rain too often... these work much better and they turned out to be bigger than the leather ones we had. Saddlebags and tool bag on front...I doubled back the straps on the tool bag to protect the bike from the buckles.

?

·
0 Posts
Beetle Bags 8)

Best looking, water tight, lockable...and price was reasonable
they were almost the same price as Honda Line Bags and Brackets locally $900

downside:
1) if you carry a passsenger you need to relocate footpegs
...or swap on some Rivco passenger boards with offset mount.($230)

2) if you travel with a passenger, you need to modify a sissybar bracket
so she can travel in comfort, and allow you more storage by mounting a T-Bag.

Both projects on the go for me right now, just waiting for parts to arrive :wink:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Beetle Bags

·
Registered
84 Posts
Leatherlyke

G

·
0 Posts
I have boss 36s with piggybacks. Only reason I have them is cuz they were on the bike when I got it. I couldn't really afford a grand for bags, but they would be worth it. I can put a TON of stuff in them and they look great.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts