Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure that this question has been asked many times before, but I havent come across a definitive answer yet, and I need help!

My 07 1300C (bought used) came with a honda tall sissy bar already attached.
I was gifted a set of leather throw over saddle bags so I needed to find the supports for them. A kind gentleman on here sold me a set of nice supports. They use the middle bolt and rear bolt for mounting.
I already went to the hardware store to get longer bolts.

Here's the frustrating part!

How do supports work while being able to keep the sissy bar on?
I tried mounting the supports under the sissy bar rail to keep a clean look but it made the sissy bar mounts too wide to mount the bar. So i tried putting them on the outside of the sissy bar bracket, and the rear most bolt that these supports use is covered by the sissy bar bracket.

What do I need to do? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
20 Posts
In my setup, I had bought a universal bag supports and used the front 2 bolts. The support brackets were slim enough to fit between the fender chrome and the Honda deluxe sissy bar bracket. When I bought the bike, the Honda dealer couldn't reference and bag support when adding the deluxe sissy bar.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In my setup, I had bought a universal bag supports and used the front 2 bolts. The support brackets were slim enough to fit between the fender chrome and the Honda deluxe sissy bar bracket. When I bought the bike, the Honda dealer couldn't reference and bag support when adding the deluxe sissy bar.

That's where my thoughts were leading me to! Im thinking instead of buying them, I can make them out of aluminum flat bar.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts