Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have pictures, or a link to Saddleman Jumbo Slants mounted on a 1300C? I'm thinking I need some bags, and like the lines overall, but wondered how they look on a C. Plan to mount with easy brackets.

·
Registered
456 Posts
How's this?

There's a few more angles at the link below.

Which seat do you have? I now have the Mustang seat and I'm having problems mounting them back on. The leather that holds one bag to the other that runs under the seat raise the seat so much that I couldn't get the acorn nut back on the passenger seat. I'm sure there's a way and I have a couple of ideals but...... we'll see.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Have you looked at Motoleather.com??

Those bags look good on the C ... but ... have you looked at these bags (click the link)?

http://www.motoleather.com/suinboslsawi.html

I ordered these bags and the Super Reinforced bags as well. http://www.motoleather.com/suremainusas.html

I kept the Super Reinforced bags because I liked them a little better on my Retro. My buddy has a C and these slants look great on his C. The quality is insane on these bags. All leather, very very heavy duty, quality stitching, and thick rigid backing for mounting with Ghost Brackets or other type of mounting system of your choice. Also, the customer service at this company is outstanding!!

If you would like detailed pictures, let me know in a PM with your e-mail address and I'll e-mail you the pics of them in detail unmounted as well as positioned on my bike.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Saddleman Jumbo Slants

Just this weekend I removed the layover part of the bags and hardmounted them to the supports in preparation for ordering an Ultimate solo seat.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Just this weekend I removed the layover part of the bags and hardmounted them to the supports in preparation for ordering an Ultimate solo seat.
2hoo,
I was thinking about removing my layovers as well since they won't fit under my mustang seat and I was thinking about doing as you did. Do you have any advice about how to do this? Anything I should do or not do from lessons learned?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Bag Mounting

I used C clamps (like used in cable wiring). I marked the back of the bag with chalk and then drilled a small line (narrow and long enogh for the clamp ends to fit through) in the back of the bags. Then I wrapped the clamp around the supports, stuck the ends through the holes I drilled and then screwed the two clamp ends together on the inside of the bags. I used two clamps (one on the top right and one on the side left).

I have a friend who's bags were also clamped but the guy put the screw through a hole in the back of the bags and fastened the clamps using a washer & nut on the outside back of the bag. Now her bag backs have torn from the pressure of the clamp trying to pull away from the bag. I believe that my way will eliminate that problem.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Will Honda Bags work with Ghost Brackets?

Will the Honda bags work the Ghost Brackets, or do you need the Honda hardmount bracket?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts