Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jumbos?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no issues with clearance with the jumbos?

any idea if i will have issues with a C model?

·
Registered
570 Posts
I've had mine for a few years and after some home mods they appear to be holding up. Mounted with Easy Brackets the plastic backs cracked within 6 months. I solved this by cutting out thin sheet metal, sandwiching the backs and riveting it all together. Paint the metal black and no one knows any different. Only other issue is calling then Jumbo. These are average large bags and I don't think I could get by with much smaller. All in all for the price I would say I am happy with the purchase.

Lee

·
Registered
12,797 Posts
I have 'em on my S. They are OK quality for the price. I do wish they were waterproof. It would also be nice if they had the quick disconnect buckles instead the regular "belt" type buckles. I agree too that the term "jumbo" is a misnomer. Road King bags are jumbo to me, much bigger than these. But they do their job and have held up well.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Just ordered Saddlemen Express Dirfter bags today. They aren't the slanted style but straight. Anyone have these on a C model, if so would like to see some pics. Think it will be a different look on the bike.

G

·
I have Saddlemen Express Slants EXTRA Jumbo on my C. I like them, they fit with not much extra space between seat and turn lights... Only had them a few months, so no experience with durability yet. My laptop bag fits in well. Also enough room to keep half helmet, gloves, leathers etc. in one side.
I am not sure if this is the best way to attach pictures, they are small, but hopefully this gives you something to look at. Not sure what I have for brackets, they were whatever the dealer sold me to go with them. They were kinda hairy getting on with the Hondaline deluxe backrest. Needed an extra hand from a friend, but got them on.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have Saddleman extra jumbo bags on my retro. I mounted them with easy brackets. The plastic backs cracked after 4 months so I made templates out of cardboard and then used 3/8" plywood cut to match the templates. Drilled my mounting holes in the plywood and then painted them black. attached the plywood to the inside of the bags and then bolted up to the ez brackets. When you look inside the bags you can't even tell they have been reinforced. 3000 miles later no problems.

Only problem is you can't ride 2 up with bags this big. Doesn't bother me as I like to ride solo anyway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts