Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody ahve these bags & do you have a problem with the buckles coming undone enroute.

For awhile I thought that I was just being absent minded which can be a problem @ my age but this last weekend I walked around the bike to make sure that I had all 4 buckles fastened & b4 I got 4 miles down the road I noticed in the shadow on the road that my covers were flapping in the wind. I stopped & all 4 buckles were undone. I stopped at a farm supply store & picked up some cotter pins but I'm thinking that I shouldn't have to do this fix. Any ideas?

Gremlins??? - shouldn't be happenin' cause I have the bell. . . .

·
Registered
868 Posts
Has to be gremlins, most times I don't even completely buckle mine (just thru the top and don't tuck the tail in the buckle) and mine have never come undone. You must really be getting allot of turbulence around them. Mine came with little locks but I have never used them and probably can't find them now. Maybe try a bell under each bag. :wink:

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have saddlemen jumbo slants and Never had them open.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had saddlemen on a previous bike & never had them open either. In fact like the previous poster I would often not even tuck in the "tail" & never had them open. Guess I need to call the company.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.