Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing the new samson shogun pipes (without baffles), and the PCIII the bike sounds great most of the time (neighbors are a little angry but what the hell). I have noticed "popping" in addition to the rumble sound when the bike has just been started. I dont know whether this means I am running lean or rich. Once the bike has been running for a while the popping stops and the bike just sounds natural. Unfortunately the PC didnt come with a map for these particular pipes so I used the big bub straight pipes map on the CD. (I dont have access to a dyno to specially tune the bike) If anyone has tips on fine tuning the map I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
by the way I have put over 250 miles on it without any noticable problems (other than the popping still being there that is)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I put a set of samson shogan classics on my 2002S model. I also noticed a popping when first starting the bike. I went back and put new exhaust gaskets on and most of it stopped. I still have some but when the motor warms up it stops. Also I do not have any kind of fuel management installed. I am going to run with it for awhile and see if I see any changes. I also put in some baffles because it was way to loud. That also took some of the popping away.

Sorudough

1 - 5 of 5 Posts