Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is interested, at 8:30am, Saturday morning about seven couples and four solos are eating breakfast at the Waffle House in Orangeburg SC and leaving at 9:30am for Savannah. The plan is to take backroads and stay off the interstate.

We are staying at the Villager Inn in Savannah (49.95-night) Saturday night, and will head home Sunday afternoon sometime. Nothing special going on in Savannah, just an excuse to take a ride and get away! A few in the group are not spending the night, so consider that as an option.

While we are meeting in Orangeburg, most of us live closer to Charleston. MysticX can't make it , but Redliner and a couple others should be there.

Naturally, right now, it looks like the weather could turn sour, and if so, we may cancel for a better weekend or different direction. That decision is not mine and is supposed to be firm by mid-day Thurs.

Would love to have anyone that can make it, call or PM if you need more info.

Thanks,

Pete and Teresa

H. 843-563-9222
C. 843-509-5553

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yea I would be interested but looks like the weather is not going to co-operate with rain, cold and high winds. If you change the date's post it to keep all informed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Savannah

Pat and I would be interested. Weatherman on Ch 6 (Augusta) says At. will be a nice day. High around 70, rain ending early morning with sunshine the rest of the day. Let us know what you decide.

Wil

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Group says Savannah is a GO! Obviously, with the complimentary advisory to include RAINGEAR! Sounds like we are going to give it a shot anyway.

Update on motel: Villager Lodge, Savannah, no address yet, 912-354-0434. If anyone wants to book a room, our group is under the J. Waddell name.

Will update as info becomes available.

Thanks,

Pete

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Pete & Teresa,

It sounds Great!!

I'll have to see how my roofer is doing before I decide, I hate it when you have to baby sit grown people!! It's been one excuse after another why he has not finished reshingling the roof of my house and now rain is forecasted for the weekend in Myrtle Beach!!!

I'll let you know Friday night if I'll be able to attend. I'm in Charolette, NC this week and will not return home til Fri. night.

Have a great ride if I do not see ya first!!!

B.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Welcome X'rs

Welcome to town. Hope the weather works for you guys prob. wont rain long. Would love to meet some more X's don't know if my schedule or My X will permit(X will not idle at this moment I think my little one backed the idle stop screw all the way out the other day, so it doesn't adjust at all). Where is the Hotel you guys are staying at?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chris,

Thanks for the warm welcome from beautiful Savannah!

The motel info is:

Villager Lodge, Savannah, 5711 Abercorn, 912-354-0434. If anyone wants to book a room, our group is under the J. Waddell name.

H 843-563-9222
C 843-509-5553

If you are out and about, try my cell, and maybe we can catch up somewhere.
Pete

·
Registered
51 Posts
Questionable

Pat and probably will not be able to make the Savannah ride. Our
got bitten by a rattlesnake yesterday and has to make a third visit to the vet in the morning (our baby is a Boykin Spaniel). Hope you guys have a great time and do something similar in the future. Would love to ride with you when possible.

Wil and Pat

·
Registered
301 Posts
good luck pete and all going! wish I could make it(and pete, ya know lynn would like to go as well :lol: ) but not this time. ya'll have fun and tell vinny thanks for the use of the jig. ya'll be safe, and stay warm (and dry too!!) promise i'll make it next time. smokem if ya got em :twisted:
later man!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Neo!

Love that paint job guy! That must be one of them Chameleon colors or something, the way it changes from pic to pic! We'll miss you, but summer is just starting! Give me a shout when you get back in town.

Pete

·
Registered
301 Posts
hope ya'll had a good time pete!! lookin at heading home this weekend or next. hopefully the weather will hold out every weekend from now till september :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts