Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just talking with a fellow vtx'r and he told me instead doing a jet kit with his new pipes he did a Scar method of shimming the carb. Can anyone direct me to this method? Also if you could let me know if this is a good way to go. I am putting on H-K 3" big straight on my 03 1300.

·
Sith Lord
4,919 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yup, Scar mod. right up there with the BadX seat mod. Both great mods and won't break the bank. I've done them both and am very satisfied.

·
Registered
119 Posts
ok i read the post on the scar method and i went to radio shack looking for these shims and couldn't find them any one know where i can find them and what they are supposed to be used for or a part number or something

·
Sith Lord
4,919 Posts
061300c said:
ok i read the post on the scar method and i went to radio shack looking for these shims and couldn't find them any one know where i can find them and what they are supposed to be used for or a part number or something
I'll get the # off the bag at home if you can wait til tomorrow.

·
Registered
119 Posts
appreciate the info this forum has been the best part of gettin my x---- nevermind the chicks have been the best but this forum is the best ive been on. nothing but top notch guys on here.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
TexVtx said:
Part # 64-3022, pkg of 100...in the little bins twords the back...use the second from the smallest. It will surprize the radio shack geek too, when he finds they have them!!!!
The drawer-ed cabinets at Radio Shack are divided by letters. The washer kit is in a "B" drawer and mine were in the very bottom drawer on the left. Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts