Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to get the Radio Shack washers.
Live in Canada and we have no Radio shack. There customer service will not ship to Canada either. Is there any alternative out there for a shim?
Can any one provide the exact size of the #4 size used in the pack of 100.
I'm sure there must be a alternative. Any info is appreciated. Any fellow canadian s out there that have a work around?

·
Registered
230 Posts
If you're willing to wait, I can ship you what I have left which should be plenty since I would only need one washer for my fix. Let me know and if you're willing to wait about a week, I can drop them in the mail tomorrow if you give me an address. I'm sure you can find a place nearby that will have them, but thought I'd offer. Sure someone will chime in with other options. I would think if you went to your local hardware store, you should be able to pick them up. Good luck!

Curtis

·
Registered
230 Posts
hey Big and Black, you may have sen this link or else you wouldn't be doing the scar method, but at the bottom of his method he gives a little more detail about the shims...
http://tech.vtxoa.com/index.php?action= ... artlang=en

Good luck and just let one of us know if you need for us to send you some. I have 99 extra washers! ha, well actually I have 19 left for the size you need.....

Curtis

PS-you should be able to get the right size washer nearby if you are in a decent sized city in Canada. I was just up in Kelowna a few months back. Freakin' beautiful!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey,

I'm from Canada also and I recently "Scar'd" my carb after doing a Snomod intake and was wondering the same thing. So I took my needle to the hardware store (Canadian Tire actually!) armed with the little piece of knowledge that 3 of the washers equal the little line just down from the top of the needle.

I found that the washers are simply metric M4 washers. So I bought 3 of them (only used 2) for a grand total of 15 cents.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Mike

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
I also used metric washers from the hardware store. 3MM I think....and reamed the center hole out a little.....she was a little tight.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
xXMikeXx said:
Hey,

I'm from Canada also and I recently "Scar'd" my carb after doing a Snomod intake and was wondering the same thing. So I took my needle to the hardware store (Canadian Tire actually!) armed with the little piece of knowledge that 3 of the washers equal the little line just down from the top of the needle.

I found that the washers are simply metric M4 washers. So I bought 3 of them (only used 2) for a grand total of 15 cents.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Mike
:tools1: :tools1: :tools1: :tools1: Good thinking Mike :idea: (most use 0.02" thickness for standard shim.. hobby store has them also, cost a little more tho).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got back from a 3 week holiday.
I'm so pleased to see so many help full tips and resources!
My bike currently is stock, other then pipes drilled out. (I want more then a popcorn machine)
I have been researching a bit on pipes & ther sounds. I bought some BUBS and a K&N filter. Not installed yet. The scar mod sounds easy enough, but that pilot screw sounds like a real pain in the you know what... Was also thinking of just have the dealer install and rejet ... undecided. Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Now why would you go and do that? Don't forget that you have a friggin' ARMY of "VTX Yoda's" here standing by to help you do any and every mod you could ever imagine?
How do you think I got all of my Mods on my bike?
Stealers? We don't need no stinkin' Sealers around here!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
BornOnFire said:
Now why would you go and do that? Don't forget that you have a friggin' ARMY of "VTX Yoda's" here standing by to help you do any and every mod you could ever imagine?
How do you think I got all of my Mods on my bike?
Stealers? We don't need no stinkin' Sealers around here!
+++1

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm sorry, just not big on the tools... a little hesitant.
I have heard that some jug owners running stock air didn't need to rejet.
What is the general rule out there? Carb adjustment only?

Scar mod...I can't even find that pilot screw let alone remove it and cut it.... :(

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
Big & Black said:
What is the general rule out there? (
The only rule as to when to rejet is this:

There is no rule.

G

·
rejet

I switched out my exhaust for V&H bigshots and didn't have to rejet. However, I just changed out my air intake and am in the middle of my rejet testing. It's really not that hard. Although...I was afraid to do it too, but I had someone with me who had done it before. Now that I've seen it done once, I'm good to rip my carb apart and continue modifying until I find that perfect blend...

G

·
tutorial

I'll probably switch out my jet again tomorrow or so. I'll take pictures and write up a tutorial of what I do so you can easily follow along...

·
Registered
165 Posts
KEVTAYPROJ - Hey man that would help me out a bit too. I am confident in doing the scar mod and have talked to him many times, but i am weary about changing the jets themselves. If you change Jets could you do some pics on what you did so i can see what i should be doing. Hopefully i can return the favor to everyone sooner or later.

Mike

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I come from a city full of harleys and get funny looks/feel out of place @ the regular biker water holes. (Not a lot of VTX's here)
I feel @ home here, This a great site/support group !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.