Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All... I installed the Scorpio Alarm system on my bike last weekend and would like to ask a question about the ignition kill part of the alarm. I installed all but the ignition kill because I'm not sure which wire to splice it into. If I read right, it is the blue/with white stripe coming out of the right side of the ECM that this kill switch gets spliced into. There is not much wire there to work with, so I want to make sure that is the wire before I start cutting any wires off the ECM.

Any help would be great :)

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Good question I have a Scorpio as well. Great System, but that was the only part i didn't connect because i wasn't sure which wire it connected to.

Watching and waiting for an answer 8)

·
Registered
22 Posts
If I remember correctly, I spliced mine into the black/white wire coming out of the ECM plug. This is the wire that goes to the coils. I'm pretty sure that this wire is the one cause everything works correctly. I'll look at my bike tonight when I get home to verify that this was the wire I used.

Doug

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dougrmac said:
If I remember correctly, I spliced mine into the black/white wire coming out of the ECM plug. This is the wire that goes to the coils. I'm pretty sure that this wire is the one cause everything works correctly. I'll look at my bike tonight when I get home to verify that this was the wire I used.

Doug
Thanks Doug... I could swear the install instructions said it was the blue with white strip, but I'll wait to hear what you come up with tonight. I could be wrong as I don't have the instructions in front of me, so I'll have to wait til I get home tonight.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
22 Posts
It is the black wire with the white stripe that you splice into. This wire feeds juice to both of the coils. I spliced into it and mounted the module on the rear fender right behind the battery. Hope this helps!

Doug

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dougrmac said:
It is the black wire with the white stripe that you splice into. This wire feeds juice to both of the coils. I spliced into it and mounted the module on the rear fender right behind the battery. Hope this helps!

Doug
Thanks Doug... I'll have to try that this weekend...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts