Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding this weekend and had a passenger with me and I turned out of the gas station, which the entrance was slanted, and scraped the end tip of my brand new 3" Big Straights. Is there anything that can cover that up? Can those tips be replaced? The scrape is only about a half inch long and is about an 1/8" wide, but deep. Any ideas?

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have the HK 3 inch exhaust also. I scrape them often. I now have the shocks cut down 2 inches and think I will have Sons Of Thunder Metric Cycles powder coat them to match the RED paint. They cut the shocks for $67.00 and polished the shock caps for free, and lowered the bike 2 inches which is great. I do notice the speed bumps more now due to the lower shocks. My top exhaust pipe is just lower than the rear fender of the retro. My caps are toast. Too Much for new ones so I will powder coat or polish myself wont be chrome... I don't represent SOTHMC by the way.
My 2 Cents...
:twisted: :evil:

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
I did the same thing yesterday leaving a buddy's driveway. :cry:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do those hard tips come off? If they do, then it will be about $50 to replace. I did see that they can be replaced. Do you guys know where to find them for cheap? Does anybody know how to take them off?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hard Krome sells some nice looking tips for the 3" pipes (slanted and tappered). This may be a good excuse to customize and differentiate your pipes from the pack.

BTW, sorry for all your trouble, but thanks for the post. I never would have thought about dragging the pipes. I will now!

·
Registered
523 Posts
I sure would like some fish tails.....
my tips are trashed and the fix is buying replacements, more of the same :(
dropped the shock height 2 inches and the seat 2 inches. gotta love it...
:twisted: :evil:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts